GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the adjusting clamp on the long screw mechanism to tighten. I end up pushing it into the post mount and tightening the sleeve againts the back of the arm with a wrench. WTF am I doing wrong

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There is a collar that tightens with an allen head screw on the long screw. You need to push the long screw against the center then move the collar as far as you can to the outside and tighten allen screw. This should take care of your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
h.f engineering genius

Seems to me they should have put in a reverse (left handed) threaded post and foregone the pushing ,tightening, clamping, cursing activities.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Any manual tire changer will have the clamps. It is not the best system in the world but for as much as I use it the price was right. The instructions on assembly were not that good, the first time I used it I had the same problem with the clamp screw backing out also. It also makes it a lot easier if you do not put the top arm on, you do not need it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
another tip, instead of trying to tighten down on the rim so hard to stop it from turning. Tighten it snug, get an old leather belt and wrap it around a spoke and one of the arms on the HF changer and it makes life easier. MOJO bar is a great investment too.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
another tip, instead of trying to tighten down on the rim so hard to stop it from turning. Tighten it snug, get an old leather belt and wrap it around a spoke and one of the arms on the HF changer and it makes life easier. MOJO bar is a great investment too.
I forgot to mention those things. I bought the MoJo clamps and bar. But with his teflon clamps you still are better off tighteniing a good bit and a strap around on arm on the changer and around a spoke on the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts