GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the response I got today from HF on the tire changing machine they use to sell.

I am unable to say at this time. I spoke with someone about this, and we are not showing that we will being carrying the product you are referencing anytime in the future.

Please attach all previous e-mail when replying back to us.
Thank you,

I wonder if someone else is bringing them into the country. Any guess as to why they stopped selling them. (I guess law-suite)

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you look on Ebay this is listed and i have one. Had to modify it so it doesn't scratch the rims with plastic cutting board material where the rim sits, but it's all good now.Looks just like the Harbor Freight design, and cheap too.The only real problem is the rod that goes thru the center of the wheel is too large, so i just use a smaller dia. rod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MOTORCYCLE-TIRE-CHANGER-BEAD-BREAKER-TOOL-WHEEL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a130f1062QQitemZ180708380770QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

·
Registered
601 Posts
You know, I hunted around for ages for a HF model and finally gave in to get a Cycle Hill by No-Mar. There was a seller on eBay that would sell the HF for about $240 shipped, but I by the time i bought mojo blocks, a mojo lever, tire lube, etc etc etc it was going to be the same price as the Cycle Hill setup I got on ebay for $485- delivered (which was a better deal than on their own website)

After changing tires on it a dozen times, I'm glad I spent the extra.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I got mine for <60 bucks on sale for the two pieces required to change motorcycle tires. Might have been when they were blowing them out. I also sprang for the mojo blocks and tire tool. At 240 bucks I would have looked elsewhere.

Pete

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got mine for <60 bucks on sale for the two pieces required to change motorcycle tires. Might have been when they were blowing them out. I also sprang for the mojo blocks and tire tool. At 240 bucks I would have looked elsewhere.

Pete
Me 2

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts