GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am interested in getting a trailer to carry my worldly belongings while traveling.

What has been the story of these HF Tag Alongs coming from HF? Too basic and needs upgrades right off the bat or is very doable when picked up at store?

Is tongue long enough? Too long?

Am looking at either this tag along or an Aluma MCT or XL or Lumina XL Motorcycle Trailer.

For those that have had any of the above or another brand at comparable price, give me a little insight.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
HF trailer has to be put together. I have their biggest one. Its ok. The others you mentioned are way better quality.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HF trailer has to be put together. I have their biggest one. Its ok. The others you mentioned are way better quality.
Yea the Lumina comes boxed and has to be put together as well. Video's of people doing it said it was not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I am using my 4th. HF trailer now. This one is a Tag-A-Long and so far it is the best one I have had. It has a welded box frame not one of those you bolt together lake the others. Big problem is now HF does not sell the Tag-A-Long any longer so you will have to find a used one. Good luck. You see one for sale every now and then.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Reactions: FireEater

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
If you’re serious, HF has a 25% off Memorial Day sale coupon good for a single item if purchased on Monday...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have 15-20,000 miles on mine and no complaints.

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Mike if I was in the market for a first trailer, I'd make a really good offer for this one !!!!!!

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/6-gl1800-classifieds-4-sale-owner/447915-hanningan-trailer.html
I saw that on the classifieds this morning Tommy. Wisconsin is a haul though to go get and bring back...Locally, Sid, who gave up riding here in Mt Dora, has a Bushtec for about $2,200. Same color as my trike. He is trying to sell as a package with his trike. If I knew I would use a trailer more than once or twice a year, I would probably jump on that one now.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I saw that on the classifieds this morning Tommy. Wisconsin is a haul though to go get and bring back...Locally, Sid, who gave up riding here in Mt Dora, has a Bushtec for about $2,200. Same color as my trike. He is trying to sell as a package with his trike. If I knew I would use a trailer more than once or twice a year, I would probably jump on that one now.
Once you own a trailer you'd be surprised at how many times you will use it. Even if you buy the Bushtec and decide to sell it in a couple of years you'll probably get a good portion of your money back.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
There is one on the classified board reduced to $300 in Tennessee.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is one on the classified board reduced to $300 in Tennessee.
I saw that Ron. Too far to get for me. I will probably have to wait until I see one in the State of Florida and if priced right, I will go get it. Im in no rush. Next overnight ride for me will be in October unless something else pops up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts