GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody own a H.F. Torque wrench.
Is it worth $9.99?
The only problem i see its on back order right now.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I have the 1/2" drive wrench and the 1/4". The calibration was checked for both and came very close to indicated.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it worth $9.99?
I ordered one online using that coupon and received it last Tuesday. I must have gotten a bad one because even at the lowest setting (5 lb), it does not click. I have the 1/2" drive version of this, also from HF, and it has always worked just fine. I tested the new one on bolts that I had previous used the 1/2" version on. Those bolts were torqued at 23 lb so one would think that using the new wrench at 5lb would get ya click.

I might keep it and just use it as a normal socket wrench with a nice long handle. The local HF store is a PITA to get to and deal with once you get there.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
how do you check the calibration?
I took mine to work, as several others had done.

Pretty accurate until you get to the high end of range, but I didn't need it that high anyway.

For the accuracy and price, it works fine for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is it worth $9.99?
Harbor freight tools sells cheep tools, some of them inexpensively.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Is it worth $9.99?
My friend Slim if you decided to buy it I qhave capabilities to calibrate it for you ,all you got to do is send it to me. :thumbup: Maybe buy me lunch next June( always trying to get free meal ya know );)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend Slim if you decided to buy it I qhave capabilities to calibrate it for you ,all you got to do is send it to me. :thumbup: Maybe buy me lunch next June( always trying to get free meal ya know );)
Thats great Rail, i will tell you more about the torq wrench in a minute. Next June, i will buy you lunch or dinner, if everything will happen like its supposed to.
Now, about that torq wrench, my brother has a birthday coming up next month, i was thinking about buying him one of those (TWs) when it comes to my brother nothing but the best money can buy.:lol: I have ever told you i was cheap?
But i will buy you lunch or dinner.:nojoke:
at hardees.:joke:
Thanks for the offer on the calibration.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Hardees don't make me sick!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Did someone mention FOOD? I like FOOD!!!!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I see how you are now Slim Newbie!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: I is fine!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hello Harvey, where the heck you been, here and there?

HI Slim, you got it, a little hear a little there. Fact is I should be there right now, but i'm here instead.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts