GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doorag:I have a question for the HF trailers owners. I have the HF trailer with the 12" wheels. Did y'all keep the tires that came on the trailer or buy new ones to put on. Also, any suggestions on building/modifying the trailer would be appreciated.:p

·
Registered
792 Posts
The OEMs are fine and will last for tons of miles. Just keep tabs on the air pressure. I've been running mine at 25# since the trailer was built in '05 and the spare I bolted up under the frame has never touched the ground.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Tires that come with it are fine. But...If you haven't already done so, make sure you clean out that crap in the inner and outer wheel bearings that they call grease and repack them with good stuff. Either general purpose wheel bearing grease or marine grade wheel bearing grease. If you don't , then the tires will not be an issue at all. :eek:4:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:doorag:Yes, I will repack the bearings. Any thought on what car top carrier,etc. to use and should i leave the trailer bed at 40" wide or cut it down?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hotdog...here is a very good link to use to build your trailer by, or a least use it for informational purposes. I built one very similar to this with some variation and this sight was a wonderful source of information. I used the same carrier and cut the frame down to these same dimensions.

http://nomad.eurekaboy.com/mctrailer.htm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Title

Can anyone tell me were to look on a HF trailor for the ser. #. I bought one last week and it has a title but I have to find the ser# on it so I can take it to the DMV to get it inspected so I can get the title transfered. TKS

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Can anyone tell me were to look on a HF trailor for the ser. #. I bought one last week and it has a title but I have to find the ser# on it so I can take it to the DMV to get it inspected so I can get the title transfered. TKS
There is a label on the left side of the tongue. It has all the info there.

BTW, these trailers are on sale right now at HF. $199 for the 12" tires and $169 for the 8" tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished my HF trailer today, 8" wheels, Sears 18cuft cargo box, paint, for a cost of $320. Towed it empty with 14 mph winds today and it towed great. I will buy a swivel for the hitch when I can find one.

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is my Harbor Freight I am going to use as a Utility trailer behind my Wing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts