GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,I am looking for some new boots,The problem is I work in the automotive field,so I am on my feet for 8 hours a day,I like to wear the boots I work in on the bike,do not like to spend time changing boots plus I am in multi -location's..So I am looking for a good summer boot only ,would like a ventilated model capable of being used as a work boot..I know the ventilated models are not water proof & The poses another problem with the afternoon rain showers,on the bike & at work..

Anyone have any good summer boots ( ventilated or not )..If they are not ventilated must be waterproof..

Any Suggestions?..

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Magnums. If you are on your feet all day be hard to find any more comfortable.

Not water proof.

Will wear good for what you do, light and easy to wear.

Wear them digging a ditch and they will last one month. I can tear up a pair of 300 dollar Danners in two months.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I wear Georgia Boot called the Farm and Ranch from Tractor Supply. Pull on style, 11 in boot. WATERPROOF leather. I have a pair for riding and a pair for work. The first pair lasted 3yrs of doing construction work so they are tough and very comfortable to wear all day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Icon Tarmac Ventilated boots and they are cool to ride in. With you feet on the highway pegs you can feel the air flowing into them. While I'm not on my feet all day, I do wear them to work when I ride the bike and wear them all day. 2 years and still look new.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I fish on my rides so I have to have riding/hiking boots and they must be somewhat waterproof both for fishing and for riding in summer and they must be good for walking distances over rocks, etc. I use mid-high lace-up leather work boots with lug soles and a steel shank for the pegs. No steel toe. I waterproof them with mink oil. Right now, I have Caterpillars (good for walking, good traction for riding and not too expensive), but I'm going out today to get something new. I wore these out. There is always a really good selection of these type of boots.

·
Registered
306 Posts

This may be hard to beat. I have three pair of Danner boots. First class company, first class boots. Not cheapos.

I happen to pay a lot for my boots because I value my comfort and I'm on my feet quite a bit during the day, whether working, fishing or hunting.

Some people are , well, cheap and "make do" with cheap gear and boots. I choose not to do that.

Here is some info on this boot:

http://www.danner.com/boots/descender-4-5-m-blk-pt.html

I use these BMW boots when I ride in hot weather:

BUT they ain't good work boots!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would like to find a boot that can withstand me.

It has to get wet at least three times a week. By wet I mean soaked, water over the top.

It has to withstand use of a shovel, mud, sand and dirt. I use the toe to hold a jackhammer bit in place to keep it from walking around.

So far I have found cheep boots last as long as expensive boots under these extreme conditions.

None last long. 90 days is about all you get.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use police duty boots by Bates stock #EO2346 best alround boot (imo).
I have them know,They work good for the water & riding,But using them for 7-8 hours a day my feet hurt at the end,,I may try some of those comfort gels in them..I

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
this past June i bought a pair of BMW air boots at a dealer in New Mexico and i love them ! :thumbup: with tax i paid $197 and the dealer shipped my old boots home for FREE !

believe it or not for me it is almost like having air conditioned boots !! :thumbup:

when u say u work in the automotive business really doesn't tell me a lot but i suspect the BMW air boots would work fine there and if they didn't they are the easiest on-off boots i have ever owned so switching boots probably would not be a very big issue

·
Registered
931 Posts
The BATES boots have good venting and are like wearing slippers. Cost is around $75-85 dollars. I get mine at Sears.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Summer Boots

Howdy - The best Boots that I've found is called "The Original S.W.A.T." they fit like a "Running shoe" very light weight 9 inch high with fabric sides and leather front and rear. Gives you great support at a price you can afford $79.00 with zipper sides. Now I get mine throught a Police supply place but I saw them at Wal-Mart this last week. I wear them where ever I go. Keep in mind however, these boots are not water proof...Best Wishes Mike Dory

1 - 17 of 17 Posts