GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody added a hard top to their Aspen Classic? It's available from Trailmaster for $295, and weighs 25 lbs. http://www.trailmasterinc.com/trailerop.html Evaluating the pros and cons if anybody has any feedback.

TIA.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I haven't tried the new hard shell cover but am also interested as my cover is starting to crack and fade. I just looked at the web site and noticed an outside mount for the spare tire; that might be worth looking into. Also, I think with the new hard shell you still need the soft cover to go under (unless that changed) but when I need to replace the cover I will probably check back into the hard cover. That might be this fall, I wonder how much shipping would cost to Independence, Mo.

Bryansong

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Photoguy,

I considered the hard top as well for my Aspen, fortuately another member of our club purchased one and I was able to see the trials and tribulations that he went through with his. First the plastic is very flimsy and bends easily. Secondly, the cover does not fit flat across the top and from the rear it appears as if he is in a left bank, and lastly when we are camping we always need to find a place for it where it is out of everyones way. It does not make a good platform for anything because it is so low to be useful and it definitely does not make a good seat as his 11 year old son sat on it and cracked it. I wish that it were better made and at least look good when on the trailer. I might have purchased the cover if it were not for witnessing my friends problem with it. I do not write this to discourage you, only to let you know that I personnaly was not impressed enough with the cover to buy one after seeing my buddy's problem.

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts