GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a ride to Reedville Va last week. We had reservations for us on an outside deck at a nice seafood place. One of our "gang" went in to check on the reservations, he was told it would be 45 min....He came back out and told one of the locals, that we were meeting, he went in and shortly returned saying it would be 5 min......He said the person that we had talked to (owner of place) said he was expecting a bunch of bikers.....We had shorts on under the kevlar pants, golf shirts on under the jackets....flip flops in the trunk....I thought my Harley ridding buddies would get a kick out of this storie.....

Pretty sad....Goldwing riders are not even considered bikers.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gee I think that the line up of bikes in your photos would have sent the Women and Children running for their lives in shear terror, and would have caused the local LEO's to keep a close eye on the band of desperados what owned em!!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, as we rode down the street they were all covering their ears......

Kids love the yellow wings.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Pretty sad....Goldwing riders are not even considered bikers.....

Well, one of the pioneers of Winger World recently make a similar statement.

He recalled in the beginning . . .

Wingers referred to the evil ones on two cylinders as "bikers" . . .

. . . referred to themselves as the nice Winger people on nice Hondas.

A bit late, . . . perhaps, . . . the Wingers of that long ago day noticed a bit of public snickering . . . :lol:

and began to covet the term "biker".

So, they began to call themselves "real bikers" :lol: . . . hoping to shake the dork, nerd thing.:lol:

and began calling the most evil ones . . . . yep!!! . . . posers!!!! :lol:

Well, so as the old fellow recalled. :lol:

The making of/changing of an image ain't easy. . . I reckon.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Shorts, shirts and flipflops..... they prolly thought yall were riding sportbikes.

G

·
0 Posts
I consider myself a rider, I just got home from a quick 130 mile ride after work. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts