GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Over the years I have seen a lot of stuff return to earth and with the changing density of the upper atmosphere and the instability of satellites when they can no longer control them, it is impossible to make a good prediction until it is actually about to reentry (few hours). And even then they don't know what will survive. Too many variables. It would be nice to be in the hot tub watching the sky and actually see it burning up in the atmosphere. Talk about a shooting star!!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thats a cool computer generated video. Over 20 pieces not burned upon reentry and the largest piece 300lbs! If one of these hits my house, car, or bike can I sue NASA and win some big bucks....if Im still alive?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thats a cool computer generated video. Over 20 pieces not burned upon reentry and the largest piece 300lbs! If one of these hits my house, car, or bike can I sue NASA and win some big bucks....if Im still alive?
In that case, I think I will sleep out back in the lounger by the pool. That way, it will have to hit me directly.:lol:

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Matt? Does he partake of the DQ?!?!?

Does he leave the bike at home when he does it? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
I realize that this board has a sizable "Sky Is Falling" crowd, but this one tops them all. :lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Matt? Does he partake of the DQ?!?!?

Does he leave the bike at home when he does it? :lol: :lol:
What's the problem with eating at DQ? I'm working out here on the road crew and I can be in and out of this DQ in 5 minutes. They won't let me wear the hard hat in the picture and just thought I'd offer it up. MSHA approved but not OSHA. I'm able to walk to work from the house so the bike stays in the garage. Anymore questions? I can probably answer them better than Matt.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
What's the problem with eating at DQ? I'm working out here on the road crew and I can be in and out of this DQ in 5 minutes. <...>
NOthing - well, other than the stereotype of WIngers & DQ's, that's all. :oops:

Anymore questions? I can probably answer them better than Matt.
Nope...thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
If one of these hits my house, car, or bike can I sue NASA and win some big bucks....if Im still alive?
I wonder if you did sue, if NASA would accept responsibility of something they can't control.
Many people tried that with airlines when debris fell with minimal results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts