GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced my first Hare Scrambles in allot of years yesterday . It's amazing what winter boredom will make you do . there was about 300 riders .
My '85 XR250 ran great , and I finished fourth out of 10 in the over 50 age group . Sore today but it was worth it .

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Congrats!

I'm 58 and still compete off-road. It keeps my riding skills sharp and, as I tell my wife, "It's the last link to my youth".

What's sad is the fact that she agrees :cry:

And, as you can see, I have fun getting there and back, too.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hey bill
Dont mess up my dirt bike i want to do some more riding next time i am out your way. I am going to take my DR350 SUZ out to jimmys and leave. I really like riding the back roads out there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trialsman neat way to haul your bike . If you are ever out this way I have some outstanding trails to show you .
Whimpy I have a plate and lights on the XR and my son-in-laws DR. when you come back out lets explore !

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
wbunt,

Thanks for the offer. I'd love to ride out West. It's on my to-do list for sure.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I loved trials riding...no I didn't say trail riding...used to ride a BULTACO

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
gwlrhfarm,
It's an easy one to love, finesse, slow speed, friendly competition and compared to other off-road sports, cheap.

Did you know that Bultacos were brought back from the grave in 1999 as a Bultaco Sherco? After the initial contract to use the Bultaco name, whoever had the rights wanted too much money to continue using it. It is now known as the Sherco Trials bike. Probably the second best selling and a fine mount.

If you ever want to get back into it (it's never too late) or just want to go watch, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Trialsman

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to ride trials back in the day ( 70's) had a Montesa , don't know why I quit , still enjoy watching it . A great part of our sport . No trials bike for a long time maybe I need to start looking for one !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts