GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the thread on the 07 Harley overheating topic that was here a week or so back. I've got some Harley friends at one of the dealerships who would like to read it. Any help for a link would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the link. There was another one about a guy having to spend $1400 to fix the heating problem that Harley wouldnt include under warranty. I guess it was because Harley had to go outside Fed emmisions guidelines to change the exhaust, remap the EFI and do some other things.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I assume ( yeah I know) that you're talking about heat from the touring models and the crossover pipe....if so, the EPA has made HD deliever their bikes with the settings with such a lean setting to meet the emissions standard that they (bikes) will run extra hot...only cure that I'm aware of is the stage 1 set-up, air breather, pipes and emc remapping....

Some say that true duals cures this also....

That's one of the reasons I sold my 06 UC and went back to the wing, wife hated the heat....

I do have a brand new in the box set of KURY heat shields I would sell, they help...

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
stick405 said:
I'm trying to find the thread on the 07 Harley overheating topic that was here a week or so back. I've got some Harley friends at one of the dealerships who would like to read it. Any help for a link would be appreciated.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71170&highlight=heat+ultra+glow

I think this might be the post. I remembered it too. I really lilke the
Harley with the 7 or so letters followed by the UC, but that post scared
me. Look about 8 replys down written by "Laen".

Herb

·
Registered
657 Posts
Problems

Thanks for the link, I am so glad I wasn't even thinking of getting one this year. Was playing around with the idea of the Road King eventually, but I think I'll wait awhile and see if Harley addresses these concerns. The main thing that bothered me was (for the ones who liked their purchase) that they were willing to "accept" the heat, 5th gear noise, extra money to make it breath right, new mufflers and then top it off say: "I can put up with this, after all it has that heritage behind it". And I thought we had some diehard wingers. Eye opening to say the least.
Looks like I'll be going for the Triumph Rocket III next instead.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cptdenny said:
stick405 said:
Next time ask in the Harley vs Honda board, we could have had you on your way in a matter of minutes. :lol:
Thanks for your thoughts. However, this was not a post about Harleys but a post about a missing article on Harleys. It appeared that the post would have the best search coverage on the General message board. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I traded my totally stock '07 FXDL (that's a Dyna Low Rider to you and me) in on my Wing. The engine heat is a REAL issue - especially when stuck in slow traffic in the Texas summer. Nothing like walking into the office in the morning looking like you just severely peed your pants.

Yes. Seriously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts