GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guy, new GoldWing owner here! Been a Harley rider for a while, this past week traded for a 2018 Wing. Definitely different, got some loves and hates, but to say I’m pumped about it would be an understatement!

I’m usually more into form over function, so y’all get ready for me to ruin this thing and then post pics along the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome to the place!
Long time Harley guy here with my first Gold Wing.
Never was interested in the older porky "Chrome Wings", but I love the sleeker blacked out look of the New Wings, usually called the GL1833 models.
Lots of very good info and people here.
Jefro.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

Hey guy, new GoldWing owner here! Been a Harley rider for a while, this past week traded for a 2018 Wing. Definitely different, got some loves and hates, but to say I’m pumped about it would be an understatement!

I’m usually more into form over function, so y’all get ready for me to ruin this thing and then post pics along the way!

Congrats on the new Wing. Is it the 6 speed or DCT model? Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the 6spd. I found a 2018 factory holdover that was about $5k off MSRP and couldn’t pass it up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats and welcome, I bought my used 2012 ABS at Southern Honda their in Chattanooga in September.

Reactions: Nate Mayo

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing, and welcome from SE Idaho!!! Get ready to be spoiled. :grin2: Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

Reactions: Nate Mayo

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Congrats Nate alot of us on this board will be going to Nashville end of August/First of September for the Wingding. It will be at the Gaylord. Hope you can make it. They will have alot of accessories for your bike at the show.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bueno. Welcome. They are incredible bikes. The more you ride it, the more you will find that to be true. HDs are great in many ways too - love an Ultra CVO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. Sold 2017 HD Roadglide after 1600 miles. Loved look and torque but could not get comfortable. Stuff back after every ride. Oh well, super happy with New GW. Congratulations to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts