GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I just got to tell you,I got a set from my Hunting club book,and they are the most comfortable boots I ever owned.Good traction,support,and feel just great.You see Harley can make something good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
news flash purple....they make good motorcycles also....

·
Registered
237 Posts
boots

I agree on the motorcyle. 2002 IB GoldWing. 2003 Harley Road King Classic. JMHO!!! Chp M, Green Bay, Wi, Wolf River HOG Chapter. Shawano, Wi.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Color me pessimistic, but I highly doubt that H-D has a team of highly skilled Mexican shoemakers out back of the chrome shop ..... I'd hazard a guess and say that ... just like the H-D pick-up ... it's probably made by a well-known shoe company ...
I keep seeing discounted H-D boots in some of the catalogs I get (including the UGLIEST womens boots you could imaging) and some do look good .... but they ALWAYS have that crumby H-D logo plate on them .... I'm sure my bike would throw me the minute I threw a boot clad foot over it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
It's a team of highly skilled "Chinese" Boot Makers they employ! :D Your bike can't read Chinese so you will be okay. My bikes haven't seemed to mind the HD boots over the last many years.

P:S
The boots pictured, from Harley, are great for the vertically challenged! They have a super thick sole!

·
Registered
134 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
I'm sure my bike would throw me the minute I threw a boot clad foot over it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter,
Your bike won't mind the HD stuff. At least mine doesn't (all The Raven cares about is being ridden) :D . All my leathers (including boots and gloves) are HD. My first set of jacket and chaps are 11 years old now and still look great. That particular jacket (until) this year has even been used as my rain gear. I really like the styling and the quality.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
harley mc boots

well first off i want to say that the best pair of sunglasses i ever had was made by kawasaki, and my honda didnt puke.

i recently purchased a pair of harley riding boots from the local hd dealer. they are much like a hiker boot, very lightweight and much better foot protection than my normal nikes in colder weather.

why did i buy harley stuff

for several reasons. they are comfy, honda dealers dont stock much of anything, and the hd dealer had 30% off list price, and my brother in law works at the main harley plant, so we get another 20% company reimbursement on hd logo items.

i did check them over very carefully for oil drips and found none.

neither of the three hondas in our garage has had a problem with the brand of shoes i am wearing yet. i wouldnt own a harley of any kind to ride. they shake, rattle, are loud, too expensive, nightmares to keep running, and a host of other things includeing just plain ugly.

but i got to give harley one thing for sure. they really know how to set up a dealer network. almost every harley dealer i have been to is well stocked with a variety of clothing and extras for the bike. in fact most have a huge selection. honda dealers suck out loud. i have 10 in a 75 miles radius of my house. all 10 suck,

all 10 together dont have the inventory of the average hd dealer. none of the ten dealers have a honda t shirt for sale except honda mx raceing.

so why would i buy something from harley, simple. honda dealers dont get it, and surely dont have it or anything for that matter.

loren

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
harley mc boots

well first off i want to say that the best pair of sunglasses i ever had was made by kawasaki, and my honda didnt puke.

i recently purchased a pair of harley riding boots from the local hd dealer. they are much like a hiker boot, very lightweight and much better foot protection than my normal nikes in colder weather.

why did i buy harley stuff

for several reasons. they are comfy, honda dealers dont stock much of anything, and the hd dealer had 30% off list price, and my brother in law works at the main harley plant, so we get another 20% company reimbursement on hd logo items.

i did check them over very carefully for oil drips and found none.

neither of the three hondas in our garage has had a problem with the brand of shoes i am wearing yet. i wouldnt own a harley of any kind to ride. they shake, rattle, are loud, too expensive, nightmares to keep running, and a host of other things includeing just plain ugly.

but i got to give harley one thing for sure. they really know how to set up a dealer network. almost every harley dealer i have been to is well stocked with a variety of clothing and extras for the bike. in fact most have a huge selection. honda dealers suck out loud. i have 10 in a 75 miles radius of my house. all 10 suck,

all 10 together dont have the inventory of the average hd dealer. none of the ten dealers have a honda t shirt for sale except honda mx raceing.

so why would i buy something from harley, simple. honda dealers dont get it, and surely dont have it or anything for that matter.

loren

·
Registered
58 Posts
first pair of real bike boots I had was a fat boy pair many years ago. still have them, still wear them.
bob

·
Registered
258 Posts
My wife loves her Harley boots as well. We needed them quickly so we spent the $125 from Harley, but if we had time to wait, we could have ordered the same from Wolverine without the Harley logos for about $60.

Locally we have a M/C accessory shop that the owner used to work for Harley and she knows where to find all of the stuff without the $$$ Harley Logos.

http://www.scooterstuff.com/index.html

·
Registered
613 Posts
Honda Boots

Mark,
I just got a pair of the Manhattans (the tall Honda boots) for Christmas. I've worn them a few times already. I like them. The thing I like the best is the adjustments. They zip on, then have velcro adjustments for the top of the foot, the ankle and the top at the calf. I have large calves and that is where I have problems buying boots. The only thing I have a little heartburn about is the panel on top of the foot that is supposed to hit the shifter so it doesn't screw up the leather (or the shine) on the boot. It's a hair too far back from where it should be, IMO. But, all-in-all, I like them! If you want to see them in person before making a buy, let me know. I'm sure if you are in MD and I am in VA, we could hook up somewhere.

·
Registered
615 Posts
gr8wing, under what name are the boots you are refering to ? Joy

·
Registered
533 Posts
HD gloves, boots and riding apparel are always of high quality and very
functional. I know that they don't really make them at a HD
manufacturing facility, but that is probably true of their starter motors,
too. Try their perforated summer gloves....you will never go back.

The Honda Manhattan style looks great, but apparently they are not water
proof. Their 10" model looks good, too, and is waterproof.

For the past 10 years or so, I have found Smith and Wesson boots to be
long life, handsome, water proof (well, 98%) and economical, but hard to find.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Deadeye.....Tell me it ain't so! Everything in the Harley Shop has to be "Made In The USA"!

Would you believe a RUB, that was very wet behind the ears, told me that "Everything Inside Has To Be Made In The USA" outside a local HD dealer a few years ago? He was as serious as a heart attack! The kicker is, I was dumb enough to stand there and try to explain to him that he was wrong!

·
Registered
533 Posts
It ain't so

It ain't so......well, maybe a little

HD is a well managed company. As such they know how to make a
product that is affordable, and that involves buying components where the
quality and price meet their requirements.

Then, as an expert marketing company you can sell above the MSRP and
everyone is happy. The fact that we own better bikes is our little secret.

BTW, HD does use a material that seems strange...it is some kind of metal
on the fenders and tank, and if you get a magnet near it, the magnet sticks.
Kinda weird, eh?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
BTW, HD does use a material that seems strange...it is some kind of metal
on the fenders and tank, and if you get a magnet near it, the magnet sticks.
Kinda weird, eh?
Hey, Deadeye...you are supposed to use one of those new plastic magnets when working on your wing. :lol:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Deadeye-USMV said:
For the past 10 years or so, I have found Smith and Wesson boots to be ...
the only problem there is ... I don't buy S&W branded items either. Just as I have no wish to lend financial support to H-D (still ticked about the whining=higher-cost-for-foreign-bikes thing), I have no wish to lend financial support to S&W (still ticked over their sell-out to the anti-gun crowd). Now ... Browning branded stuff ... that I like, and if Honda had some actual branded stuff that complemented me and my riding "style", well, I'd be happy to look for the remaindered stuff ... LOL

·
Registered
533 Posts
OC,
I'm with you, all the way. I wouldn't buy a S&W piece for the same reason as you, although I am keeping my 40 year old S&W 38.

However, S&W already failed in the boot area and the only place to get them is from outlets like Sportsman Guide (and I doubt there are any more left). S&W already got a screwing on these boots, so I figured I was just picking meat off their bones.

Here's another dilema--my wife and I have decided to stop seeing movies that star or are produced by Hollywood Lefties. I miss going to the movies. :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts