GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Toronto today and saw my first Harley rescue of the year.

Flat bed tow truck was loading one on the side of the southbound Don Valley Parkway.

Those familiar with the area will know how bad traffic was backed up.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
On the way to the Death Valley ride last month I had a flat that required a new tire. Called the Honda Roadside Assistance to get a tow. The tow truck driver and myself started talking motorcycles while he was tying down my bike and he mentioned that he always rode Harley's but was really impressed with the GW. Just before getting into the cab of the truck he pulls out a Samsung tablet and starts taking pictures of the GW on his flatbed. He said his buddies wouldn't believe him if he told them that he towed a GW to the Honda dealer so he had to take some pictures. He was a really neat guy who really went over and above not to scratch or damage anything on my bike. We both got a big laugh out of him taking those pictures. :lol:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wait.....WHAT!? You mean to tell me that people are riding their motorbikes up in Ontario!? I figured the ground was still covered with snow, the wind chill is near -20, and the roads are bathed in nasty salt! j/k...well maybe there's some reality here. :joke: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was in Toronto today and saw my first Harley rescue of the year.

Flat bed tow truck was loading one on the side of the southbound Don Valley Parkway.

Those familiar with the area will know how bad traffic was backed up.
Wait.....WHAT!? You mean to tell me that people are riding their motorbikes up in Ontario!? I figured the ground was still covered with snow, the wind chill is near -20, and the roads are bathed in nasty salt! j/k...well maybe there's some reality here. :joke: :lol:
Yep, That's what it's called, the Don Valley Parkway . . .
Surprised someone is riding today. -4C high [25*F]; roads were dry but still a whitish residue on the roads.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Rescue

I feel sorry for any rider that has a problem, and has to have his bike towed. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I don't like Harleys at all, but I feel more sorry for anyone who has to drive in Toronto. The worst traffic by far I have ever driven in and I drive for a living. Nice, though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Another Harley bashing! I guess it will never stop. If your jealous, just buy one

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I was sitting at a mini-mart last fall, alongside another Gold Wing rider. About a dozen bikes came roaring in, some with straight pipes, and all of them loud. The other rider complained about those damned Harley riders and their loud pipes.

Funny thing. Three Honda, four Yamaha, a couple Kawasaki's and Suzuki's. Not a Harley in the bunch.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I was sitting at a mini-mart last fall, alongside another Gold Wing rider. About a dozen bikes came roaring in, some with straight pipes, and all of them loud. The other rider complained about those damned Harley riders and their loud pipes.

Funny thing. Three Honda, four Yamaha, a couple Kawasaki's and Suzuki's. Not a Harley in the bunch.
I didn't realize that my Cuda with factory exhaust was made by Harley Davidson. It is louder than any of my motorcycles !!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, That's what it's called, the Don Valley Parkway . . .
Surprised someone is riding today. -4C high [25*F]; roads were dry but still a whitish residue on the roads.
Don Valley Parking Lot

My truck said it was 34*F when I went by on the other side.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Racer what motor is in the 'cuda?

I particularly liked the sound of the 340's.

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
I didn't realize that my Cuda with factory exhaust was made by Harley Davidson. It is louder than any of my motorcycles !!
My GXP cage's exhaust must also be made by HD. Definitely louder compared to the bike. :doorag:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Harley's aren't the only thing to get hauled.
Agreed. I've had a wing that had to be rescued as well. (and a Yamaha many many years ago)

I feel sorry for any rider that has a problem, and has to have his bike towed. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry
As do I, but it was intended as fun. It was actually a clean looking Harley, at the time I guessed maybe a left-over fuel issue.

I don't like Harleys at all, but I feel more sorry for anyone who has to drive in Toronto. The worst traffic by far I have ever driven in and I drive for a living. Nice, though.
It's the 3rd largest city in North America, after Mexico City, and New York City, and yes the traffic is terrible. Glad I don't live there anymore.

Another Harley bashing! I guess it will never stop. If your jealous, just buy one
Wasn't intended as bashing, but I admit to 'stirring the pot'!
Love the sound of STOCK Harley's. Wish I could afford to add on to the fleet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts