GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley sales in the USA only increased by .3%, 66% less then one percent growth. Over seas their sales went up 29% for 2006. The CEO stated in the WSJ that warranty claims were higher then expected. Does any of this surprise you? It doesn't surprise me one bit.

H

·
0 Posts
Well at least HD was flat. I think all of the others were down.

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Houses aren't selling either. GM & Ford can't sell a vehicle. Doesn't surprise me.

How did American Honda Motorcycle do in the USA last year? Local Honda dealers are crying the blues!

H

·
0 Posts
Red said:
Houses aren't selling either. GM & Ford can't sell a vehicle. Doesn't surprise me.

How did American Honda Motorcycle do in the USA last year? Local Honda dealers are crying the blues!
I just went thru 88 pages of one of their reports:

< Motorcycles > Unit (thousands)

2005 2006

Result Forecast % Change

Global Sales 12,284 12,700 * 103%

Domestic 369 350 95%

Overseas 11,914 12,350 * 104%

North America 633 570 90% I think thats a 10% drop but I barely passed accounting.

South America 962 1,210 * 126%

Europe, the Middle & Near East and Africa 409 390 95%

Asia and Oceania 8,982 9,260 * 103%

China 927 910 98%

Global Production 12,519 12,850 * 103%

Domestic 623 570 92%

Overseas 11,896 12,270 * 103%

ù Motorcycles: including ATVs *New record

ù North America: including Mexico

ù Domestic production: Completely built unit (CBU) + complete knock-down (CKD)

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Everybody here knows that I am not a fan of Harley motorcycles, but I do not wish the company any ill will. They are an American company with American workers, and nobody should hope that they falter. This is not the same as hating a rival football team.

I WOULD like to stick a couple of potatoes in their exhausts though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
LarryM said:
Everybody here knows that I am not a fan of Harley motorcycles, but I do not wish the company any ill will. They are an American company with American workers, and nobody should hope that they falter. This is not the same as hating a rival football team.

I WOULD like to stick a couple of potatoes in their exhausts though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are the same type of workers that Honda has in ohio - People who put things together that have been shipped into the USA to avoid duty taxes.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Bottom line is Harley made their quarterly earnings estimates yesterday and they didn't get slammed like a lot of others have lately.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
shuckaduck said:
Bottom line is Harley made their quarterly earnings estimates yesterday and they didn't get slammed like a lot of others have lately.
Buy, sell or hold on HOG stock??? :?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Back in the '50's a GM executive was quoted as saying "Ford sold safety; General Motors sold CARS." And another: "What's good for General Motors is good for the United States."

Could those comments be updated to read: "Honda sells safety; HD sells motorcycles" and "What's good for HD is good for the US."? :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts