GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
If your like me the night before I pick up a new bike, or new to me, I am like a 7 year old boy on Christmas Eve - can't sleep - so excited :)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
My 2011 FLHTK has not been back to Harley except for the front brake recall. Highly satisfied with it. Highly satisfied with the 2008 Wing I had but could never get comfortable on it. Ride what makes ya smile.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm here at Schroader's Honda, actually next door at the Econo Lodge. They are closed today but Jesse called me earlier today to tell me the bike will be ready in the morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Contrats! She's a beauty. I bought a new 2018 non-tour, DCT candy apple red. Picking up on Tues. March 3rd! Very excited. New to Wings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might want to get to know the folks at Schroader's Honda in NC. Just a short ride from you; it will be hard for anyone to beat there prices unless your head over to Arkansas. I got my first V-twin in 1964. The first wing in 2001; have never looked back. It is a different bike, give it a chance. A lot of us wind up changing the seat, adding pegs back rest, that sort of thing. As some else previously posted, wash it, change the oil every now and then, check the tires and go ride. There a bunch of wings out there with 200k+ miles with little to no work, maybe pugs and and battery and that is it. BTW - love riding the area around you.
Also check out Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC. Bryan, Sales and the whole team were great. No add ons to the price and ready to go when they said. This bike, Tour DCT, is by far the best one of the 75 I have had. Enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked my 2020 White DCT tour Feb. 28th. Came off of a Ultra Classic. Cant stop smiling!! Love this bike!!
Congrats. I just picked up my bike today from about 50 miles away. "Accuweather" called for sunshine and low 40s, maybe a flurry, up to 0.1". Well, that changed on my way home, got sleet and snow, mixed with rain. The bike rides well and I wasn't even cold. First thing I did was take it to a manual spray car wash and get all the salt off when I got home. I will have to get some pics in the next few days.
I haven't stopped smiling myself. Awesome bike!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts