GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it amazing that on the front page of this board there are three separate threads on Harley-Davidson...course all about dropping stock, bailout.....just for grins I went to the HD forum and looked....I went through the first 6 pages of the touring forum ( closely relates to this one) and couldn't find one thread that started out with Honda....good or bad.
I did go to the general board and found two on the 2nd page about the new Fury...not all bad, but as expected most didn't like the new bike...

But the AMAZING thing is here.....three threads on Harley, Really? Is there something underlying here???? Never seen one bike manufacture get so much press on a competition board....or maybe there is no competition for Harley....and they don't care, only some here.

I know PMS is on, but really, so much discussion about Harley one would think this is a closet Harley board....Hal might want to start stocking Harley accessories...amazing.:eek:

OK, Flame suit is on....and you can bash HD all you want, doesn't matter, still 3 threads here about them.....on a Gold Wing board......none on the HD board....does that say something about US???

Flame away:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
This board has always been a Harley's and more board...never understood why people want to talk about Harleys all the time on a Gold Wing board.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well some people on here just have a hard time admitting it, but they would really like to own one and so this is there way of talking about it even if it is usually bad stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
This board is about anything m/c related, HD in the news is m/c news. There are many here that have owned several brands at the same time, I have owned HD and serveral other brands at the same time, so has the thread starter.:shrug:

There was a recent thread here about Honda raising prices, nothing nice said about honda either.

I tried to read a thread on an HD board about someone wanting to trade in a Harley on a Goldwing. The responces we mostly 13 yr old like comments, I couldn't go on.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You find that Honda riders, and Goldwingers in particular, are FAR more accepting of other makes and models of motorcycle.

Please, go to any Harley board and start a thread about another make of motorcycle and count the responses.
Both pro and con.

In my opinion "They aint no motorsycle but Harly" will be the most common response.

But I could be wrong, do the test, tally the results and post back on this thread. There is nothing better than hard data to prove or disprove your idea.

Been there done that. The mantra never changes.

There is your answer KY :popcorn: .....Don

Nothing like a well stirred pot first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
A lot of Wingers are X Harley riders or still own Harleys. They are fun bikes to talk about. One of the biggest downsides to Harley is the short life of the engine. The miles I put up on the Wing, the Harley wouldn't have a prayer. I've owned several Harleys and enjoyed every one. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
The great thing about having ridden or owned a Harley is that it really makes one appreciate there Gold Wing.

Harley's are great for posing as a make believe bad guy, for back drops for pictures of naked females, for riding from one bar to the next, or for joining an outlaw motorcycle club. And last but not least, having a blazing 66HP at the rear wheel of you Ultra Classic. Oh my neck, the whiplash syndrome again. LOL

Harleys do have their definitive place in the motorcycling world, unfortunately it's usually at the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

I once joined the HD Board and tried to reason with them about after market noisy exhaust systems. They banned me from their site. It was the saddest day of my life.

I expect no flames since this is a Gold Wing board. Ha Ha

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
So the issue you have is that people on THIS board talk about another brand of motorcycle and that somehow this is "wrong" or "disturbing"

I would suggest that the "problem" is with those who think that all other motorcycles other than their own beloved brand are unworthy of acknowledgement let alone discussion.

Frankly, I rather enjoy this board and the varied discourse

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have never owned a Harley, I have only owned Hondas so for me to say that one is better than the other would only be observation, I have always had good service with Hondas and do not care what anyone else rides. I have had loud pipes on my bikes but eventually went back to quiet pipes, just personal preference, however the sound of a Harley with really loud pipes hurts my ears worse than any other bike. I love to ride and I know that other people love to ride theirs. I will wave to anyone on any kind of bike because I know that they love the ride that they are on and have the right to ride and enjoy life as they see fit. I would help anyone on the road if I can and hope that someone would do the same when I have problems.

Larry

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
All marques have their snobs,and great riders.

It is almost as some Honda riders are obsessed with Harley riders.
Never hear it from HD riders,mostly we rib each other about bikes.
Almost like a big (.) (.) obsession.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
So the issue you have is that people on THIS board talk about another brand of motorcycle and that somehow this is "wrong" or "disturbing"

I would suggest that the "problem" is with those who think that all other motorcycles other than their own beloved brand are unworthy of acknowledgement let alone discussion.

Frankly, I rather enjoy this board and the varied discourse
:eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
958 Posts
I find it amazing that on the front page of this board there are three separate threads on Harley-Davidson...
Make that four threads now.....;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondering if you were so concerned about how many HD threads

there was on this forum why did start a new one instead of

posting on an existing thread.:shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
752 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have had both &The great thing about having ridden or owned a Harley is that it really makes one appreciate there Gold Wing.

ride on my friend !!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts