GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking thru the local paper (Chattanooga Free Press) last night and got a kick out of the Motorcycles For Sale listings. There were a total of 2 and a half columns and the Harleys took most of the first 2 columns. There were 33 Harleys, 4 Hondas (no Goldwings) 3 Suzukis, 5 Kaws and a Beamer. As my laughter erupted, I pondered what this could possibly mean. Could it be that some folks are having to learn the hard way? Hmmmmmmmm.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Read some of the Harley ads somewhere like CycleTrader.com

Over and over, you'll see such phrases as:

top end rebuilt
rebuilt motor
motor completely rebuilt
major engine upgrade in 2003 (on a 2000 model)
aftermarket cam installed
motor done less than 5,000 miles ago
motor and transmission rebuilt by...
3400 miles on rebuilt motor
S&S motor (more times than I counted)
fresh motor, top and bottom
motor rebuilt at 12,000 miles
custom motor
needs motor (a '97 with 17,000 miles)

But as someone said in an earlier thread, we're spreading uninformed, stupid bigotry, that stirs things up with other people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cant speak for others, but I keep four bikes, other than the wing. 2 are Harleys. I generally turn them every 2 years and the mileage is not high because most of the miles go on the wing. Because delivery take 6 to nine months and people cant wait, I have been able to sell them in the spring for what I paid or a little profit ( made $1600 on the last one) So basically other than having the money tied up I get to ride them for free. This seems to only apply to the Ultra and the Road king The other models dont seem to do as well, although I made money on the last Low Rider I had. When It start to cost me money I will probably reconsider buying them but at this point it is silly not to have a free bike to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts