GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since circumstances have arise the prevents Galute from ramrodding the gathering this year, I would like to step up and lend a hand to this event. It Is in my backyard so I would like to host the meet and eat on Friday night at the hotel, as we have done in the past. Menu will include burgers and the works. It would really help if those of you that will be attending would sent me a p-mail as to the number of mouths so as to get enough food and drink for everyone. I know in the past that some of you have dietary concerns, so if you need a veggie burger, my son-n-law (the vegetarian) is in charge of Bocco Burgers, so let me know. If you have any questions about the area just ask. I will have some ride maps available in the lobby as well as a packet from our local visitors and convention bureau. For those that have been here before, Boone county is now wet so beer and wine are available for those that partake. No hard stuff as of yet, but I could find some shine for "Mo. Charlie" if he needs it. Hope to hear from you and let's have a good time!!!!

Okay boys and girls, this is the last change (I hope) for our gathering on October 6-7-8. We are moving the "Meet, Eat and Greet" to Saturday evening at 6:30 at the Days Inn. If you are staying at another hotel don't forget to come on over. In the past we have had a gift exchange. Rick Mays will be handling this so, bring a gift to get a gift (thanx Rick!!). This has been fun in years past so join in. If you have not sent a p-mail as to the number in your party do so as to get a count for the meal or if you are like some of my friends let me know Friday. The weather looks to be great and hopefully the colors will at least have started. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to all of you enjoying the great rides in the Ozarks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are the leaves starting to turn color by the 2nd week of October around Harrison? We are still on the fence on weither to make the trip.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flint Hills they should be just starting to turn. May be a little early. The weather has been such that it is hard to predict. Hope you come anyway. The roads will still be good even without the colors and the fellowship will make up for the lack of any bright leaves.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stove Pipe the dates for this year are October 6, 7th and 8th. More details and such are in the original post by Galute.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
:nojoke:
Since circumstances have arise the prevents Galute from ramrodding the gathering this year, I would like to step up and lend a hand to this event. It Is in my backyard so I would like to host the meet and eat on Friday night at the hotel, as we have done in the past. Menu will include burgers and the works. It would really help if those of you that will be attending would sent me a p-mail as to the number of mouths so as to get enough food and drink for everyone. I know in the past that some of you have dietary concerns, so if you need a veggie burger, my son-n-law (the vegetarian) is in charge of Bocco Burgers, so let me know. If you have any questions about the area just ask. I will have some ride maps available in the lobby as well as a packet from our local visitors and convention bureau. For those that have been here before, Boone county is now wet so beer and wine are available for those that partake. No hard stuff as of yet, but I could find some shine for "Mo. Charlie" if he needs it. Hope to hear from you and let's have a good time!!!!
Hey Bob, sorry man but we will be up in the northeast on those dates but the 'shine' thang has me rethinking!LOL Our local wing chapter is also having a ride in that weekend at the hub? and I told them about your get together and that if they need route help to go up and meet you guys.
Hope all is well with you and yours. We are in Broken Arrow, Ok. visiting our grand-daughter and life is FINALLY good!!:nojoke: Charley & Becky

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
Okay boys and girls, this is the last change (I hope) for our gathering on October 6-7-8. We are moving the "Meet, Eat and Greet" to Saturday evening at 6:30 at the Days Inn. If you are staying at another hotel don't forget to come on over. In the past we have had a gift exchange. Rick Mays will be handling this so, bring a gift to get a gift (thanx Rick!!). This has been fun in years past so join in. If you have not sent a p-mail as to the number in your party do so as to get a count for the meal or if you are like some of my friends let me know Friday. The weather looks to be great and hopefully the colors will at least have started. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to all of you enjoying the great rides in the Ozarks.
Thank you for picking this up - we'll be there sometime on Saturday - if there's anything we can help out with/bring/etc. Please let me know! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Harrison

Bandman, if you need any help or whatever let me know.
Thanks for taking the time etc to do the burgers. :lol:
Norm

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Bandman. Thanks for your generosity. Myself and Red willy are planning on being there. I am looking forward to yet another great year at Harrison. Sure glad someone or someones could step up and keep this going. Looking forward to seeing you there.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
I am getting stoked to go! Just went thru the Wing, new Final Drive Fluie, Oil, Filters, Ready to go! Headed to Arkansas Tuesday, gonna get in a few Days of Riding in ahead of Harrison. Meeting up with Transformer and hit a few roads up his way! See you all there!
If you get in our neck of the woods... give a call/email/pm - would be great to get together for lunch/dinner with y'all!

Laura

·
Registered
411 Posts
We are heading out wednesday morning with a few others from Terrell if anyone what's to join us.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Whoever is going to be in charge of organising the Harrison Gathering for 2012, thank you! You might want to take a look at this resort area for your venue.

http://www.hubinfo.com/index.html

It looks like a perfect spot!

Rich & Becky

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Looked promising Becky......Sure did miss you guys this year. Seemed there were a lot of folks MIA this year.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Marble Falls

The HUB would be a good gathering spot. Dad and I rode up to the Hub during this Falls Harrison ride in. A big group of Gwrra riders were based out of HUB and we visited for awhile. HUB being a MC oriented place to stay would be nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts