GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay boys and girls, this is the last change (I hope) for our gathering on October 6-7-8. We are moving the "Meet, Eat and Greet" to Saturday evening at 6:30 at the Days Inn. If you are staying at another hotel don't forget to come on over. In the past we have had a gift exchange. Rick Mays will be handling this so, bring a gift to get a gift (thanx Rick!!). This has been fun in years past so join in. If you have not sent a p-mail as to the number in your party do so as to get a count for the meal or if you are like some of my friends let me know Friday. The weather looks to be great and hopefully the colors will at least have started. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to all of you enjoying the great rides in the Ozarks.

·
Lurker for Life
172 Posts
Gathering

I hope to be there Wed evening or Thursday... depends on work. Looking forward to some great riding. Hope the weather/roads are good!

Transformer - How's Hwy 9 looking? I drop down through Mammoth Springs, head over to Hwy 14 via Hwy 9. I have to put a couple of laps on 341... I think it's a law or at least a rule of some kind.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Red Willy and I are supposed to leave Indiana sometime on Wed. Have reservations for Thurs., Fri. and Sat. I have to be home for sure on Sunday so the weather will be a determing factor on Sat. for me.
Looking forward to being there. The wing has sat most of the summer and it begging to be ridden.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
You don't care about Polecat, Rick, you just want your glass back! :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ready for some Riding!!!!!!!!!!! I am headed up to Arkansas Tuesday for a few Pre Rides!! Arriving at Harrison on Thursday! Looking forward to seeing everyone! Been awhile since I have been to a Ride In!!
What time you getting there on Thursday?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I hope to be there Wed evening or Thursday... depends on work. Looking forward to some great riding. Hope the weather/roads are good!

Transformer - How's Hwy 9 looking? I drop down through Mammoth Springs, head over to Hwy 14 via Hwy 9. I have to put a couple of laps on 341... I think it's a law or at least a rule of some kind.
Some spots of road work, cones and shoulder work, South of Salem until you get to Melbourne. They are currently tearing the heck out of my place with a widening project...3 miles North of Melbourne. Everything is well marked. Heck, South 9 is better than 341...IMHO.

If you want to avoid the "good road" and just get to 341, you could cut West on 56 to Calico Rock and then South to 14 via 5.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Mays...you wanna ride Push Mountain? The South junction at 14 is only 39 miles from the house via the Devil's Backbone.

There is a nice little loop we can ride Wednesday morning after breakfast.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Be there Friday afternoon with two extra souls, first timers for Harrison. BB

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well, the Arkansas road trip curse has struck again.. I've come down with a nasty kidney stone, and I'm getting it blasted Wednesday.. No riding for the kid next weekend..

·
Lurker for Life
172 Posts
Some spots of road work, cones and shoulder work, South of Salem until you get to Melbourne. They are currently tearing the heck out of my place with a widening project...3 miles North of Melbourne. Everything is well marked. Heck, South 9 is better than 341...IMHO.

If you want to avoid the "good road" and just get to 341, you could cut West on 56 to Calico Rock and then South to 14 via 5.
I'm familiar with 56 route but I like the 9 south best... I can put up with some "slow downs" as long as I know the good roads are ahead.

Thanks for the update...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hotel Reservations Made

Made the final decision and booked a room at Days Inn for the 6th through the 9th. We should be arriving Thursday afternoon. Look forward to meeting and putting some faces to board names and riding some new roads.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Harrison forecast from the National Weather Service:

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind.

Monday Night: Clear, with a low around 50. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 80. South wind around 5 mph.

Tuesday Night: Clear, with a low around 51. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 81. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 55. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 80.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
We currently have a reservation for Saturday, should be there around noon or so, via "cage" Loren has an appt with his surgeon on Wednesday... if things go well, we'll be able to extend it to include Friday... or will have to cancel all together :(.
For those who are arriving early and will be in the NWA.... Fayetteville/Bentonville/Rogers/Eureka Springs area... let me know. Would be great to meet for lunch/dinner/etc.

Weather looks to be perfect... cooler temps - but NO rain!!!

Safe travels y'all!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Harrison forecast from the National Weather Service:

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind.

Monday Night: Clear, with a low around 50. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 80. South wind around 5 mph.

Tuesday Night: Clear, with a low around 51. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 81. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 55. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 80.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
YEE HAW..... :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts