GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on a new seat. Hartco makes a Pro Tour and the President's sadlle for the GL1800. The Pro Tour is a $100 more then the President's saddle. The literature for both seats generally make the same claims. Is there really a difference? Should I save the $100 and get the President's saddle? I'm also looking at a Diamond and it is priced right in the midlle of the two. Basically the same company making 3 seats for the 1800 priced $50 different. Help I'm confused.
Randy
Concord, NC
'02 GW

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
I have the Hartco Pro Tour. I don't have a clue what the difference is. I know the President seat was a 1500 seat! I don't know if they have a President model for the 1800 or not. I have enjoyed mine for about 45,000 miles. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Mine was built 1" up and 2"s back.

R

·
0 Posts
SEAT

i HAD A PRESIDENT MODEL ON MY 96 ASP, LOVED 65000 MILES, THE DIFF IS THE FOAM BETWEEN THE PRES AND THE PRO TOUR, THE DIAMOND IS WIDER AT THE FRONT i HAD ONE ON A II00, AND ONE ON A BMW, i THINK i MIGHT GO WITH THE DIAMOND ON MY 04 ,1800 BECAUSE IT GIVES MORE SUPPORT IN THE THIEGHS.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just ordered the Hartco Pro Tour. The only real difference between the Pro Tour and President is that the Pro Tour uses a layer of memory foam in the construction. It's expensive stuff and accounts for most of the cost difference.

My Pro Tour was $749 with drivers backrest and without passenger backrest cover ($50 bucks).

Regards,

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
If you are tall, you definately want the Diamond Big Boy style because it will give more thigh support. But if you like the Hartco covering better and/or would like a layer of memory foam just ask them when you call. They can give you whatever you want. I have a Diamond Big Boy but wanted it higher so they shipped me 2 1/2 inches of their memory foam and it is expensive...so now I'm not sure what I have. A Diamco/Hartmond? A great company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts