GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--- Looking for a better ride. Any opinions on this saddle? Looks like no matter which one I go with. A BIG jar of vasoline will be needed!! Iam in the wrong business!! Aftermarket aftermarket!~!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Love my Diamomd Big Boy. There is a Hartco on the For Sale board.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
You may feel that the price for a custom seat is a bit high, take a look at the Corbins. They will give you heartburn or is that wallet burn? LOL

But if you find the one that fits you to a tee it will be worth every dollar you will ever spend.

JMHO

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hartco

---Wingman 57. Your right. Corbin is about the most expensive. Most are around the $1000 range. Hope I can find one that I can ride all day and not have to deal with butt numbness. I'am not sure theres such a thing. :cry:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Of everything I've tried, the Alaska leather sheepskin pad or the beads work best for me, but that's just me....

I like the looks of the Ultimate seat...but......now that we're going to a trike I may look hard at a Big Boy.

My feet not touching the ground will be a moot point on the trike. :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the Diamong Big Boy (made by the same guy, Mark Hart). I love it!! Worth the money in my opinion. Mark's shop is about 50 miles from home so I went to the shop and let him determine what would work best for me. If you get one, remember, it will take a little time to get used to it. Once you do, you will never go back to the OEM seat.

·
Registered
682 Posts
skibis said:
--- Looking for a better ride. Any opinions on this saddle? Looks like no matter which one I go with. A BIG jar of vasoline will be needed!! Iam in the wrong business!! Aftermarket aftermarket!~!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Depending on your size, it seems to take awhile to get the aftermarket seats "right" for you. I have been working with Diamond and Russell trying to get one that fits right. Have sent each back once so far, trying to get the best seat. Shipping has been running close to $45 each time so it isn't cheap, but my thought was I would cut the time in 1/2 by working with two companies at the same time. If you live close and can make the trip for on site fitting, that seems to work better.

Bill

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have the Hartco Pro Tour and would buy it again. I bought mine on Ebay, brand new and the size I needed. About half the price of others. Remember there is a difference in theories of seat comfort. My Corbin was like riding on a concrete block, and the Pro Tour is like riding on my couch.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hartco

--- Thanks riders. I like the sound of the Hartco memory foam. It molds to you. I guess it doesn't have to be cut to fit your body shape like others do. Should take away the send it back and adjust it syndrome. Is that right? 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hartco seat

I bought a custom Hartco seat a year ago. It was "hard" at first, and did break in as they indicated.
It did cure my primary problem immediately, which was cramping in my mid thigh after a hour of riding.
Saturday I sat on a friends original seat, and within seconds I was VERY aware that my seat fit SO MUCH better. I rode all day (12 hrs) on Sat during a charity event, and didn't have any issues at all.

Your mileage may vary.....

·
Registered
791 Posts
Re: Hartco seat

wd6l said:
I bought a custom Hartco seat a year ago. It was "hard" at first, and did break in as they indicated.

Your mileage may vary.....
I'll second that. It was uncomfortable for both myself and my wife for the first 1500 miles or so but once broken in we can now take month long trips without discomfort. Tell them what you don't like about the stock seat and they will make the necessary changes (within limits of course) to the Pro Tour.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts