GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a new Hartco seat since May 1 I was able to take my first long ride with it today 400 miles and 7 hours and I must say no more aching butt after an hours ride as with the OEM Seat. Not bad for a seat that has less than 500 miles on it. Still trying to get use to the backrest as it is so large, its hard for an old man to get his leg around it. :)

On a second note I have both the OEM lowers and uppers air defectors along with the goldstrike highway pegs. For me the pegs are useless with the lower air deflector as my legs hit the deflectors making it almost impossible to get comfortable or use the hwy pegs. Maybe if they could produce an extension would help.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@Ballbuster Just had a WingSoft done on mine, not enough miles to decide if it is good for what ails me.

On a side note: Just sold my Areo pegs (Yippy) hated em! I also just installed the Goldstrike Highway pegs have not tried em just yet-but after mounting the bike they seem just right! No lower wind deflectors on mine only the Honda upper deflectors. May have to tweak em later. The adjustable ranges are fantastic with these pegs. Now just have to install my Goldstrike fork LED's and Saddle bag LED's.

Anyway glad you are enjoying the new Hartco!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive had a new Hartco seat since May 1 I was able to take my first long ride with it today 400 miles and 7 hours and I must say no more aching butt after an hours ride as with the OEM Seat. Not bad for a seat that has less than 500 miles on it. Still trying to get use to the backrest as it is so large, its hard for an old man to get his leg around it. :)

On a second note I have both the OEM lowers and uppers air defectors along with the goldstrike highway pegs. For me the pegs are useless with the lower air deflector as my legs hit the deflectors making it almost impossible to get comfortable or use the hwy pegs. Maybe if they could produce an extension would help.
from a suggestion on a previous thread I now step on the left peg then swing my leg over....much easier!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know, this is an old thread but I gotta say, that's a great looking saddle. That black vinyl with the white paint is sharp! I put one of their seats on my '06 Goldwing and loved it so, based on my past experience with Mark and their product, and Ballbuster's research leading him to the same conclusion, I ordered a complete setup for my '18 Goldwing Tour this morning. I just picked it up yesterday and knew after a couple hours that I needed a different seat. I was really hoping it was going to be okay.
The OEM seat had the WingSoft upgrade done to it and a Honda backrest but my back needs that bolster to be vertical, which John informed me is not possible, and a more substantial backrest so I'll be looking forward to putting that on my bike in around a month or so. I'm sure the WingSoft upgrade and the Honda backrest works great for some guys, I've heard a lot of positive things about them, just not for me.
Good riding!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Try Kuryakyn lowers while not perfect they are better then Honda’s and I can reach my Aero pegs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just ordered a hartco yesterday about 3 myths late. I've had several hartcos and have always been pleased. Mark makes a good product and stands behind it. This stock seat is eating me up, 75 miles and I'm hurting.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Good looking set-up. But wondering if that large backrest isn't going to make the rider's back really sweat on warm days?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Good looking set-up. But wondering if that large backrest isn't going to make the rider's back really sweat on warm days?
Mine doesn't, but it has a velour top and I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts