GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for input. Has anyone had a trike with 4 1/2 degree rake and went to one with 6 degree ???

Either one is $695. I have a 4 1/2 degree on my current trike and don't find it too hard to steer, but I was wondering if 6 degree would be better.

I don't really want the steering "faster", but I could live with less effort.

My wife sometimes rides the trike alone and easier would be good for her.

If you have had both, I'd like to hear about it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can't say I have any personal experience with the 6 degree kit but I do have a 4.5 on my Motor Trike conversion. There is a lot more to this process then just the degree factor. Some conversions can accomodate the 6 degree and others can't. There is also other factors involved. Here is a link to a thread on TrikeTalk forum that is really super!!

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/honda-trikes/7918-ez-steer.html

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have had both but in reverse. I had a 6 deg. on my 1500 MT and a 4.5 deg. on my present 1800 DFT. I liked the 6 deg. much better. May be because it was what I got used to but the one I have now takes much more effort to steer. Some will tell you that the 6 deg. is too "touchy" but I never found that to be the case. I could take my hands off the bars at any speed with no drift or problems of any kind. I never had a slow speed wobble. I would trade the handling of my 4.5 deg. for the 6 any day.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Can't say I have any personal experience with the 6 degree kit but I do have a 4.5 on my Motor Trike conversion. There is a lot more to this process then just the degree factor. Some conversions can accomodate the 6 degree and others can't. There is also other factors involved. Here is a link to a thread on TrikeTalk forum that is really super!!

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/honda-trikes/7918-ez-steer.html
This link disappeared? Or is my PC?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Charlie,,,
Having rode and installed all three 4.5/5.5/6 going from a 4.5 to a 6 will be a little learning experience, and getting use to because it is considerable quicker, and requires more attention while under way. I found the 5.5 and 6 to be twitchy AKA Quick and with little ( almost unnoticeable ) input was all over the road. One can get use to any thing though.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
One can get use to any thing though.[/QUOTE]

After meeting you my friend in Tx. I still can't get used to ANYTHING LOL.:bow:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I didn't think we were talking about aesthetics, and cosmetics :) :coffee1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts