GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Titanium with 7,000 on the clock and I tell you this >>>

If I knew of someone who wanted to trade for a color they didn't like....I'd do it in a heart beat. Although I do have multiple thousands in extras on it....I'd still trade someone if they bought a new one straight up with all my extras including the Zumo 660, Vstream, LED OEM driving lights, OEM spoiler....etc.

Have any of you ever heard of anyone doing this successfully?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have a 2010 Titanium with 7,000 on the clock and I tell you this >>>

If I knew of someone who wanted to trade for a color they didn't like....I'd do it in a heart beat. Although I do have multiple thousands in extras on it....I'd still trade someone if they bought a new one straight up with all my extras including the Zumo 660, Vstream, LED OEM driving lights, OEM spoiler....etc.

Have any of you ever heard of anyone doing this successfully?
WHY :shrug:Not happy with your color? Just wondering..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't like the color....it's shows dirt too easily, and it's just too dark.

Has anyone ever done it or heard of it working successfully?

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
One reason that I bought my 2010 Wing was the titanium color. Always liked silver or anything close to it.

I found a good deal on a yellow model, but wife said that she wouldn't ride with me if I got something that loud so titanium it was.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Mine is Black Cherry ... Talk about showing dirt..

You must want a White or light Silver.
You never said what color you are looking for.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly....

I would take Yellow at this point. Seriously.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Color is only skin deep.

Did not someone famous say - Judge Goldwings by their motor and performance, not by the color of their plastic? Or...something like that....

·
Registered
356 Posts
You must want a silver wing?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a 2007 Silver and would take another in a heartbeat.

I don't want to paint I because in my head once you pull it apart it never goes back together the way it should. I have OCD.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Why not paint it a color you like?
:agree:eek:n this in so many levels!!! pick the color, be done with it...just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I wanted yellow but it wasn't offered in '06 so I chose the GOLD and am glad I did. It always looks good and doesn't show the dirt. An occasional microfiber wipe down with Plexus is all it needs. In fact, the ONLY time it has seen soap and water since it left the showroom floor was when a dealership in LV spruced it up a couple years ago when they had it for an electrical diagnostic. Trading it off would be out of the question if the only reason was because this paint color happened to show the dirt.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I like my motorcycles best when they are dirty. Road grime is my friend and indicates I'm doing with it what I bought it for.

When I pull into a gas station in my cage and I see a road-grimed bike with luggage strapped down parked in front of a gas pump, I can think of about 40 questions I would like to ask the un-shaven rider. When I see a clean-shiney one, it just doesn't stir the soul for me.

The day I bought my '10 Titanium Wing it was yellow. The dealer did a "plastic swap" for me as he couldn't find a Level III Titanium and as you know, the yellow ones are plentiful.

Sometimes, filth has a story to tell.

Z

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Well, I've been trying to get Don (Betthe) to trade his puky '03 Candy Orange for my absolutely gorgeous '03 Silver for 4 years now. Mind you, it's just to save him the embarrassment of riding such an awful color. I've even offered him an few extra $$$ at trade him so that no one else would be seen riding it.

Truth is, I think that is the best color ever put out by Honda and I want it bad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I've been trying to get Don (Betthe) to trade his puky '03 Candy Orange for my absolutely gorgeous '03 Silver for 4 years now. Mind you, it's just to save him the embarrassment of riding such an awful color. I've even offered him an few extra $$$ at trade him so that no one else would be seen riding it.

Truth is, I think that is the best color ever put out by Honda and I want it bad.
:agree: 100% I would swap my stream silver plastic for orange in a heartbeat...

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
I'd trade our Stream Silver in a heartbeat, too. I loved our yellow bike! I've named this one "Bus-B"... it stands for "Butt-Ugly Silver Bike". :?

But...it gets us there and back again, and I guess that's all that counts...I'd trade plastic for almost any other color, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts