GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2001 I bought came with a Cee Bailey windshield with the NACA vent. I like the shield because it is 2" taller than stock, but I want to keep the NACA vent covered/plugged until it gets warm enough to warrant extra air (mainly July/August around here).

I read there was some sort of poorly designed plug that came with it, but I never got that plug.

I wonder if anyone has made a cover or plug for the vents in these shields?

I have had to resort to contact plastic. It works fine, but looks like s..., as you can see below.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I called them and asked them for the cloth-covered plug that they ship the unit with now and they shipped one to me free of charge.

I use it when it's really raining hard - just slip it into the opening. It's made of some sort of foam that holds it in place just fine. I've only washed it once, but it looks better than your plastic :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I called them and asked them for the cloth-covered plug that they ship the unit with now and they shipped one to me free of charge.

I use it when it's really raining hard - just slip it into the opening. It's made of some sort of foam that holds it in place just fine. I've only washed it once, but it looks better than your plastic :)
:agree:

I just got my Cee Bailey and was 90% sure what the black microfiber covered foam piece was for but I called them anyway and yes, it's a plug for the hole.

I haven't used it riding yet but it should perform as advertised.

·
Banned
716 Posts
The 2001 I bought came with a Cee Bailey windshield with the NACA vent. I like the shield because it is 2" taller than stock, but I want to keep the NACA vent covered/plugged until it gets warm enough to warrant extra air (mainly July/August around here).

I read there was some sort of poorly designed plug that came with it, but I never got that plug.

I wonder if anyone has made a cover or plug for the vents in these shields?

I have had to resort to contact plastic. It works fine, but looks like s..., as you can see below.

Thanks!
There is one laying on the side of the rode in northern Ohio from my Cee Bailey. It worked OK until I hit 80 mph and then it flew by my head and then the raindrops and bugs came in. That vent hole is a terrible design. It was supposed to let in a gentle breeze and no bugs???:wrong:Needless to say I no Longer have a Cee Bailey.:cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts