GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come from the world of high performance diesel pickups, where a common modification is to put a chip in the ECM of the truck, or use a tuner to change the operating parameters of the engine management system. Has anyone done anything like that with an 1800?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I backed into my tire changer and put a chip in my trunk :oops: I don't believe that anyone offers a chip or box for the wing. I know one was on the market about 4 years ago but I haven't heard about that one or any others for at least 3 years now.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
perfomance products

As far as I know there are no aftermarket engine performance upgrades for a Wing. If ya find any let me know.

G

·
Re: perfomance products

tvbveb said:
As far as I know there are no aftermarket engine performance upgrades for a Wing. If ya find any let me know.
Yeah, let us know. Especially one that would raise the redline. It seems like mine is just starting to go when I hit the rev limiter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I was hoping for was a multi position chip similar to the one in my truck. I've got a stock setting, one for towing, and one for maximum performance. Given that we're only dreaming here, I'd like a chip in the bike that gives three performance levels, stock, maximum performance, and maximum economy for when you're on the open road.
What would the people that think putting a 70 series tire on the back of the bike is wrong think of something as "non-Honda" as this?? :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Silverback said:
What would the people that think putting a 70 series tire on the back of the bike is wrong think of something as "non-Honda" as this?? :)
Careful :!: Your gonna rip a hole in the universe or something similarly catastrophic :!: :shock:

·
Registered
440 Posts
A couple of years ago a company called Hyperspeed had such a unit for $500 for the GL1800. Only 2HP gain according a independent test. Not any more in business, so not a succes. It seems there is not much HP gain in this for a GL1800.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A Harley riding buddy told me I should put a V-twin in my Wing. I told him it would have to go in the tour pak because it wouldn't fit in the saddlebags.

Rick

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
techrider said:
A Harley riding buddy told me I should put a V-twin in my Wing. I told him it would have to go in the tour pak because it wouldn't fit in the saddlebags.

Rick
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts