GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
After reviewing the video that was posted and seeing the bike...I am sure I will be keeping my Goldwing....
Funny they interviewed people who was paid by Victory to say how great the bike is....All but two worked the trade floor for victory...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Victory Vision

Thanks for the link...Rider Magazine Feb 2007 had an artists drawing of the yet unnamed tourer. Based on the drawing, I was anxiously awaiting the debut. After seeing the video I'm not nearly as interested...sharp lines and some odd shaping vs. the drawing. Don't think I'll be trading in the 04 anytime soon. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
No thanks, keepin' my GW.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ditto...tourman

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'll have to take one for a ride and see how it is from the seat. That's what really matters. Personally, I doubt that it's going to be a big enough bike for me, though, based on their other bikes. Maybe the look will grow on me. I absolutely hated the first GL1800 I saw. I thought it looked like a scooter on steroids with all of that plastic. On top of that, the first one I saw was this bright, taxicab yellow. I remember thinking what an ugly combination of design and color that was. :?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am glad I have a Goldwing :!: :D :yes: :biker:

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
To me, it looked like a Harley trying to disguise itself as a Goldwing, and doing an AWFUL job of it. Maybe it's just me, but I certainly can't get into that bike. No Way, No How.

That's the first thing I thought of....HAR(d)LEY Davidson....
the interviews just confirmed my suspicions.

Maybe for someone ELSE....it's a good one. Never in my driveway tho.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Saw a couple of them at the Cleveland Intl Motorcycle Show last weekend. Guess its one of those things, you either like it or wonder, WTF?? It wasn't too bad until the rear end came into focus. Yeeoowwwww!

I wonder what the damages would be if a cage bumped it at a stop light? Bad enough on a Wing if the plastic broke, but those pointy saddlebags sticking waayyy out there? Bet they ain't cheap.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The first thing I thought was a Harley with a bunch of tupperware. YUCK!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
WTF

I'd buy a Harley before I'd buy one, and as a winger, we all know what I think of Harley's.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
looking at the front of the fairing I see what looks like a morphed 1500 fairing / head light

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the "up" side . . .

For those who have been whining for an automatic transmission on the Gold Wing, Polaris has made some pretty good progress with their large displacement (800cc) 4WD ATV's. Who knows, they might be the one's to break that mold!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts