GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
See the dark black line down the center of the tire? Has anyone seen this before and could it be the belts separating?
I’m not a dark side er, but a belt separation will show a deformity when spun in place. I personally think you rode through something.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not a dark side er, but a belt separation will show a deformity when spun in place. I personally think you rode through something.
Its been there for about 2 weeks and I'm riding about 600 miles a week. I don't think its something I rode through.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Snow tires tend to have several layers of different density compounds in their construction, so you're probably just getting into the next layer. That it's down the center may have to do with the tire pressure.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts

It must have something to do with the manufacturing process? I have four in my garage laying on their side and they all have that line you are seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Its been there for about 2 weeks and I'm riding about 600 miles a week. I don't think its something I rode through.
holy smokes, it doesn’t look that permanent in the photo. I’d have no idea why that would remain there. It does have to be near the seam. weird.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Could be some squishing in the center from leaning left and right in the curves.

And yes, squishing IS a technical term.

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have a Snow Control also and it has that line, but doesn't show up as dark as yours. I had never noticed it before. I have about the same amount of tread left.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I would not worry about it, so long as you do no see any Separation (eg Crack) forming there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts