GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Google "Grip Puppies" Great and they do not stop heat from coming through. I think our sponsor sells them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think that link's working.
Grip puppies work great.

cat:joke:

·
Registered
648 Posts
That's what I run, with my clod-hopper hands. Does slow down heat transfer a bit, but eventually they get warm. But, then, I use Widders when it's cold, so it's not much of an issue for me. Sure like them better than the Kurys. My hands seem to sweat with them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I also like the shinhopples version. The grip puppies lasted 3 seasons and the shinhopples version should last quite a bit longer....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Work great

Grip Puppies. Have used them on my 07 since it was new. I had the same issue with the stock grips and the Puppies corrected it. They do increase the time somewhat for the heat to be felt in the grips but only slightly. Minor trade-off for the benefits.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
These grip puppies don't last very long on my bike.

But the Grips from Bulldog are a better quaility and a little thicker.I can still feel the heat through them just fine at all settings.

Here are bulldogs grips.not the ends so you can see the differences in thickness.

·
Registered
989 Posts
These grip puppies don't last very long on my bike.

But the Grips from Bulldog are a better quaility and a little thicker.I can still feel the heat through them just fine at all settings.

Here are bulldogs grips.not the ends so you can see the differences in thickness.

Rocky...whats that mounted on top of your front brake reservoir?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A friend recommended these and I want to try them because the skinny grips cause my hands to cramp after 45 minutes of riding. My question is ... would it screw up the heated grips???

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?...FVDCKgodmHbkYA

Also ... what is the diameter of the stock grips?
I really like mine. Use lots of Windex like the instructions say. Will not mess up heated grips or anything else! Great little item!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have had grip puppies on now for over a year and they are still in excellent shape! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts