GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
If the price was closer to $10, I'd try them... but not for $15 plus another $5 for shipping. How expensive can it be to mail some flat decals... a dollar or two? Sheesh!

There was a guy selling rear brake pads for the GL1800, that had been removed for trike conversions. It was a fair deal, until I noticed that he wanted $20 to ship one pair of brake pads!!! What an absolute RIP OFF.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=2453148015

·
Registered
168 Posts
I put similar vinyl graphics on my yellow-02 with excellent success. It's been ridden lots, washed countless times and the graphics are still there, no lifting nor peeling at all. You apply them to a "very" clean surface, using a hair-dryer to heat the vinyl and the surface you're applying them to. If it's a look you like (mine has black-and-white checker-board "taxi" stripes) go for it. If you don't like the look, they can be removed quite easily. As for the price, I'd have to go find the receipt but as I recall for about 7.5' of 1/2" vinyl graphic, I paid something like $30. You call the value.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am in the process of getting my pinstrip decals online right now. I am going to try to get some GL1800 specific sets going as well. I am still converting my vector images to bitmap for the web site. I also have window etching as well. This stuff looks awesome, you can't tell that it is vinyl, plus it is removable too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Decals

Brian

Good heads up on that decal site. Pin striping was on my spring agenda

Thanks
Dick

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
They look good Javern I like em.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Brian_Fenner said:
All you ever wanted and more....................

http://www.edecals.com/site_index.html

I put some of the eDecals on my trailer and IMHO they look great. Look like they were painted on!

Brian,
Is that an Aluma trailer? It looks alot like mine although mine is diamond plate over the entire trailer. Same shape, lid, cooler rack etc. Did those wheels come with the trailer? Do you know where those aluminum wheels can be had. Mine came with chrome wheels.
Thanks in advance,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wayne,

Yes it is............I purchased it last Fall. They come in all aluminum diamond plate or various colored sides/back.............most common is black. The colored panels are the same stuff that enclosed cargo trailers are made of and this is put over aluminum so it's very tough. IMHO it adds alot to the looks of the trailer.
I ordered it with the aluminum rims standard as well as a larger cooler rack.
You could try contacting Aluma directly and see if they would help out out:

http://www.alumaklm.com/sections/produc ... category=4

I really like the trailer as it's very durable and unique plus IMHO alot of "bang for the buck"...............
I've added LED lights in the rear, graphics on sides/back, additional running lights, modulating "high mount brake light" (matches pulsing of 1800 spoiler with Kisan unit), interior carpeting, etc.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Thanks Brian. Your trailer looks great. I didn't know they had those options. I bought mine used in October and I'd like to get those aluminum wheels you have, very cool.
Wayne

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wayne,

I think I remember when you were questioning about this trailer before you bought it (on the old board)............at least I think that was you??
If I remember right you got a heck of a deal on it.

If interested here's a link to more pictures of my trailer:

http://members9.clubphoto.com/brian5058 ... cc-1.phtml

Did you get a chance to contact Aluma about the rims?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I purchased 3 sets from the same guy (I think) last summer and put on set on the fairing, one on the saddle bags, and the last on the side of the trailer. I emailed the guy and he cut me a deal for buying three sets. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but they were going to be temporary. I decided I liked the way they look, so am going to leave them alone until they start to fall off. So far, 6000 miles and no lift.

·
Registered
258 Posts
look interesting, wonder how well they stay on?
Hey Javern, I keep reading about how people are skeptical about vinyl decals and how long they last or stay on. I am dressing my bike up with vinyl and now that our local club is seeing the work, I have gained a lot of interest.

I would like someone on this board to try some decals on their bike so they can spread the word. Go through some of my designs on my web site and pick a design or two for your saddlebags and email me with what you want. I'll send them to you for nothing. If there is nothing there that you really like, just wait. I have about 400 more designs to get entered into the database. Any color or combination of colors, the sky is the limit, just let me know what you want or how you want it. I can duplicate most pinstriping schemes. The only thing that I ask is you e-mail me pictures of your bike with the decals on them for my web sight, nothing else.

These decals go on with an application tape and that will make it very easy to apply. My stuff is made with an 8 year vinyl that is weather/fade resistant and should outlast most any painted pinstripe job with comparable care. THEY CAN EVEN BE CLEAR-COATED.

I hope I don't get in trouble for tooting my own horn here, but I am an 1800 owner and I got into this biz because I thought I could help my fellow wingers.

Give me a call Javern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts