GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching all the threads here and I've seen lots of different choices. Then I cam across this tire at Sams Club: Great looking tread Has anyone tried this tire?

Thanks,

Randall

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think you'll find most of us are sticking with the run-flats. (one of the many advantages of going to the darkside!) But if you do try it let us know what you think!

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Good looking tire. Wonder how it holds up on a 118 degree day in the summer at 85 MPH ?? It looks to be a good gripper though, lots of sips on it.

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ooooooh Baby, now that looks good, and I bet it'll stick to the road like crap to a blanket....

I missed the price, what was it ?

John

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooooh Baby, now that looks good, and I bet it'll stick to the road like crap to a blanket....

I missed the price, what was it ?

John
122 bucks at Sams Club.

Good looking tire. Wonder how it holds up on a 118 degree day in the summer at 85 MPH ?? It looks to be a good gripper though, lots of sips on it.

I've read a lot about winter compounds etc...but personally, I don't know anyone that changes tires every winter and summer due to the tire compounds on their cars and trucks. I really don't see how it would matter. Faster wear maybe? :shrug:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've been researching all the threads here and I've seen lots of different choices. Then I cam across this tire at Sams Club: Great looking tread Has anyone tried this tire?

Thanks,

Randall
That one is very similar to the Michelin X-Ice that I run on the back of my GL1800. There are people I know who have them on their 4x4's and leave the X-Ice on year 'round with no ill effects, and have not noticed accelerated wear.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Randall, It's all about the what if. What if suddenly there is zero

air and 70 MPH bumper to bumper traffic? 50 miles to next town?

Looks good, and it will work, but: IT'S YOUR BUTT! :eek:4:

·
Registered
561 Posts
My first CT was the Michelin Alpin. It's a good tire, smooth ride, and I got plenty of miles out of it. It does wiggle a little in the curves. I prefer the run flats, which Michelin does have.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Randall, It's all about the what if. What if suddenly there is zero

air and 70 MPH bumper to bumper traffic? 50 miles to next town?

Looks good, and it will work, but: IT'S YOUR BUTT! :eek:4:

Galewing, I know this was not directed at me.. But why in the heck would anyone be riding in bumper to bumper 70 MPH traffic in the first place ? I would only consider that in a Army tank !!:lol:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
KA7W, Bandera to New Braunfels to Round Rock via Austin. I-35.

Pucker factor VERY high. :eek:4:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That one is very similar to the Michelin X-Ice that I run on the back of my GL1800. There are people I know who have them on their 4x4's and leave the X-Ice on year 'round with no ill effects, and have not noticed accelerated wear.
I just looked those up and you're right.....the X-Ice is a great looking tire. I can't find it in the 195x55-16 though. Where did you get yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts