GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using the listed motels in the booklet that came with the membership on my last trip, and none of the motels listed had any clue as to what it was. I did get a Holiday Inn to knock 20% off their rack rate, which is still not a deal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I tried to use it last month in Laguna Hills, CA. Was told they never heard of it. Called their 800 number, got some BS, hung up and said to hell with it.

W

·
0 Posts
No I never used the HRRCA for motels.

I use AARP discounts, but most motels give discounts if you ask.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
loren said:
use the computer

you get much better rates

and priceline works great for me
There are some good deals to be had when online...... Expedia also does well, but some of our better deals were directly through www.choicehotels.com - Try a couple of sites and see who has the best deals at that time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I can assure you, there are no discounts on hotels in and around Daytona right now because of Biketoberfest!!

Att'n. "White Fang" above! Please consider using another name, since I have been using "Whitefang" on this forum for some time now! Unless, of course your first name is really White and your last is Fang! Thanks!

Jonar G., aka, Whitefang

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
goldwinghen3 said:
JP3 said:
Red said:
You'll get the same discount if you use your library card! Just my experience.....
Okay, now I have to call BS. I have $5 that says you don't have a library card.

so there really is a TIMBUKTU !!I always thought that it was an imaginary place!!!!!!!!!!
http://thesalmons.org/lynn/wh-timbuktu.html

It was an important city at one time.

Maybe Red will loan you his library card so you can read up on it. :yes:

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
JP3 said:
Red said:
You'll get the same discount if you use your library card! Just my experience.....
Okay, now I have to call BS. I have $5 that says you don't have a library card.

Oh man, you caught me. It's actually my DQ frequent muncher card I use for hotel discounts! :oops:

FYI... I do have a library card...... somewhere! :wink:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
loren said:
use the computer

you get much better rates

and priceline works great for me
Hello...What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!(ok so he is the one who got me to try priceline :oops: :oops: ..THANKS.loren)...chuck

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I use AAA for my discount at hotels/motels.

They also provide RV/Motorcycle coverage.

I play the chances and have come up ahead, so far. :lol:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
What about when you are riding and its 2:00 am and you are dead tired. I should be able to hand them my card and then get a discount. On my last 2 cross country trips I have noticed that Hotels are getting more stringent, Sp, on thier discounts.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toyo,

That was my original concern with this post. Most of my traveling is done without a specific destination for the day. Sometimes we are trying to make up for lost time, and travel late, or just want to stop for the day. It would be nice if we could use the book as advertised.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts