GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pledge multi surface wipes on their windshields? or is there a better option to take with you on the road to keep your windshield clean and not take up a lot of space? Next week the wife and I are heading out on a 7 day ride, and I like to clean the windshield at least once a day.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I use/buy the small cans of LEMON pledge ( or generic) at the dollar/wallmart!!!If it gets buggy I clean whenever!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Bill, I put Rejex on both sides of my windshield which keeps the bugs from sticking & what does comes off with a water wetted microfiber cloth in under a minute. Also helps the rain run off it. I now have a F4 windshield but did the same thing with the stock shield & it worked the same with it. If you put a couple coats on before leaving you shouldn't have to carry anything other than the cleaning cloths with you.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I have Pledge lemon wipes in a pouch, Plexus in a tiny pump, and a small Walmart travel pump bottle of hydrogen peroxide. I seldom use the Pledge, but use the peroxide a lot and then either finish with Plexus from the little pumper or if at home the spray can.

·
Love The DCT
12,003 Posts
Pledge multi surface wipes on their windshields? or is there a better option to take with you on the road to keep your windshield clean and not take up a lot of space? Next week the wife and I are heading out on a 7 day ride, and I like to clean the windshield at least once a day.

Thanks
Even though it says HD on the package, these individual wipes are the "cats meow" for cleaning lexan windshields. :doorag:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...cale=en_US&bmUID=1311215389136&bmLocale=en_US

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I use the small spray can of Pledge muti-surface as it fits in the saddle bag nicely and the top twists to lock.
That and a micro-fiber towel works great.

The only downside that I have found is that the spray on sun screen that I use comes in the same size and color can...

Can you see where I'm going with this??

Yep, sprayed the sun screen all over the windshield real good before I realized what I had done.

But it kept me from getting sunburned thru the windshield!!

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
No no no

RainX...inside & out. whatever squashes you get, come right off with wet or damp towel.
NO NO NO - DO NOT USE RAINX ON A STOCK WINDSHIELD.

There's several threads on this, RainX and the stock windshield do not mix. RainX and the majority of helmet visors also do not mix. You'll fog the plastic. I have had to replace a helmet visor because I went to a new helmet, failed to read the fine print on the new helmet use and care instructions.

But, rain-x has the following warning:

"Do not use on plastics unless pre-approved by the manufacturer of the plastic to be treated. Do not use on or allow product to contact painted surfaces, non clear surfaces, surfaces treated with anti-reflective, scratch resistant, or other coatings."

also - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?15693-Lexan-Motorcycle-Windshield

·
Registered
357 Posts
I use orange pledge, because it gives the old girl her daily dose of vitamin C :lol:

·
Banned
939 Posts
Plexus

Plexus

Pricey but is without a doubt the best product out there for getting the ice cubes in the glass faster after a day in the saddle than any product out there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all, for this trip I think I will just pick up a small can of plexis and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
PLEXUS--Use it on the windshield--too damn expensive for the body(I use Honda Spray)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts