GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever had one of those days? I get 'me a lot, but so far, I haven't done this. Watch to the end.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
A common mistake made by new riders. My girlfriend had trouble with this during her MSF course. She dropped the bike 4 times before I finally figured out what she was doing (the instructor was clueless). When she came to a stop, she would turn the front wheel instead of keeping the handlebars straight. Probably a learned memory from her bicycle riding days. Once I told her to keep the handlebars straight when she came to a stop, she never dropped the bike again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Happens to everyone eventually, best to just get it out of the way early when there is someone there to help pick up the bike. She did better than this guy:

BEEP!

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I may or may not have dropped mine (no witnesses ).

This is guy did with about 20 people looking on and he wasn't even on it at the time!:lol:

Sorry Joe I couldn't resist.:cool:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Haven't dropped a bike since 1994 but when I did about 20 people saw it. I was trying to bump start it in first gear and sure enough it started and left me behind (lesson learned, second gear is a better bump start gear). One one Super Hero came over to see if I was alright (learned a little about Sociology that day).

Other dump was in early 1983, literally the night before I left for a 22 year USAF career (that is still going in afterlife as as USAF civilian). I was on soft sand in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere (literally the middle of the Mojave Desert) and I dropped a big street bike in a soft sand wash. First reaction of course was to jump up and see if anyone saw me dump it. :oops: two lessons learned here: first off don't ride when there is too much on your mind, second is that soft sand and big street bikes don't mix.

As long as you learn from you mistakes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts