GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Has your 2018+ Goldwing ever required service under warranty?

• Yes, I had to take my bike in for warranty repairs.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • No, my bike is solid.

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • My bike has warranty problems but I'm not taking it in for repair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is too soon to tell if I have any warranty problems.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I don't feel like voting.

Votes: 2 4.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the generation 6 Goldwing but an somewhat concerned about multiple issues posted here with such a high-tech bike.
I do understand many of the issues owners have with them are user error due to learning new tech.

To all you gen 6 owners, what is your experience with requiring warranty repairs?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am interested in the generation 6 Goldwing but an somewhat concerned about multiple issues posted here with such a high-tech bike.
I do understand many of the issues owners have with them are user error due to learning new tech.

To all you gen 6 owners, what is your experience with requiring warranty repairs?
You might also consider asking respondents to indicate the mileage they've accumulated in addition to any reported problems. There always seem to be very low mileage bikes out there (5,000 or less) that would sway your poll results. Having no warranty issues on a bike that is hardly ridden doesn't tell you much. just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
2019 Tour DCT Red
160 Posts
You might also consider asking respondents to indicate the mileage they've accumulated in addition to any reported problems. There always seem to be very low mileage bikes out there (5,000 or less) that would sway your poll results. Having no warranty issues on a bike that is hardly ridden doesn't tell you much. just my two cents.
^^^ Agreed. As a new owner of a 2019 Wing with 2500 miles on it I did not respond to the poll. But I will be following this thread for sure.

Thanks for starting it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2018 Non Tour. May 2021, mileage 2438. Warranty - Replaced battery and repaired end weight on RH side from spinning around.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
24k on my 2018 DCT. Rock solid reliable!

Reactions: Kenichi and paid4c4

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
2018 Tour DCT, 28,000 miles as of today. No issues.

BTW, a guy on another forum has 90,000 miles on his 2018 BD, zero issues.

·
Premium Member
Honda Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red
483 Posts
Im good! 2020 DCT non-tour, 13k miles. Another BD model

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I would have voted "not yet" if it were there...... over 34,000 miles and the only issues I have had is the fact of it being a pita to work on. I have at least eliminated one expected failure by removing that crap Honda claims is dot-4 brake fluid and put in something of reputable quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my 2021 6sp non tour only last week and literally on my first ride out the HSA warning light showed 3 times. I stopped to turn the bike off every time but it came back. Following day went out and it didn’t show? Bit disappointed obviously. Have reported to my dealer and spoken to the workshop who are going to run codes, most likely replace micro switches. Honda UK updated. It’s a PITA but I have also looked everywhere online and it seems to me the vast majority of GW’s either have zero issues or some niggles before they settle down and can cover mega happy miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had to have the L/H handlebar switches replaced. My 6MT reverse button would not work. That was about 2 weeks after buying the bike. No other problems since then. I have had it 1 year now with 7500 miles.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes. My 2018 had been sitting at the dealership for a year after purchase due to travel and i picked it up in 2020. The tires had not been aired up so TPMS light went off. Dealership filled the tires with air under warranty and everything has been fine for 10,000 miles. Most the service stations around here charge $1.50 to use the air pump so that warranty really saved me.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,226 Posts
With my 2018 6-speed, Ive had the HSA light flashing repaired under warranty..twice..which was a simple clutch switch replacement....other than that, my 2018 has been problem free and it has proven to be much more sorta out from the factory than my 2003 wing was...Honda did a much better job with rolling out this new wing than they did with the old model.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My grip heaters have quit working, but I've yet to take it to a dealer to have any warranty service. I've got heated gear, so I guess I'm just being lazy plus the last time a dealer had my bike for a wheel replace (I ran over a big rock and put a big dent in the wheels), they kept it for a month. Don't want to do that again. Biggest problem my bike has is operator error :cool:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts