GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Has your 2018+ Goldwing ever required service under warranty?

• Yes, I had to take my bike in for warranty repairs.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • No, my bike is solid.

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • My bike has warranty problems but I'm not taking it in for repair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is too soon to tell if I have any warranty problems.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I don't feel like voting.

Votes: 2 4.0%
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
FYI, it appears some people are unwilling or didn't bother to vote yes to having had warranty work done. I see 3 votes cast but 5 people commenting they had work done and 1 saying he has a problem not yet remedied. I guess this pole isn't going to be very accurate but thanks for commenting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In fairness the questions posed are black and white, some folk have a niggle/defect but for whatever personal reasons are basically living with it and not taking their bike in for warranty repairs. So it’s neither choice hence no vote.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2018 DCT tour purchased April '18. 2 different issues. Exhaust shield was rusting and replaced within the first year. 2020 developed issue of intermittently not shifting to neutral; sometimes pressing 12+. Was more noticeable in hot weather. During the early part of 2021, started appearing more, dealer checked codes - none. Checked with Mother Honda, wanted them to check switch ohms. When technician was able to get it in they found the wires had been pinched severely. Ordered new assembly and replaced, no issues since, 21000 miles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In fairness the questions posed are black and white, some folk have a niggle/defect but for whatever personal reasons are basically living with it and not taking their bike in for warranty repairs. So it’s neither choice hence no vote.
Good point. Maybe I should have said "Yes, I have a defect that was or could be repaired under warranty" I'm not trying to be scientific so there is going to be a gray area. My last post indicated people actually commented they had repairs done but the votes didn't reflect that.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Good point. Maybe I should have said "Yes, I have a defect that was or could be repaired under warranty" I'm not trying to be scientific so there is going to be a gray area. My last post indicated people actually commented they had repairs done but the votes didn't reflect that.
Always iffy to assume that when interacting with humans the results will be rational.

·
Registered
748 Posts
... I guess this pole isn't going to be very accurate but thanks for commenting.
Also I see about 30 votes cast but more than 500 views so ...

I did not vote because the voting options had constraints that did not fit my circumstances.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Also I see about 30 votes cast but more than 500 views so ...

I did not vote because the voting options had constraints that did not fit my circumstances.
So it sounds like you did have problems but aren't taking it in for repairs.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
2018 with 54k miles. No warranty work

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
14,000+ miles on my 2018 Gold Wing Tour Air Bag Model and no issues.

·
Registered
369 Posts
just my curiosity, but did anyone vote "I don't feel like voting" which is actually a vote :rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don't have an 18+. But I DO have a '15 F6B Dlx that has had various problems. None were terribly significant.....but there have been enough of them that it has more than paid for the Extended Honda Warranty. I went into the black on that about two and a half years ago.

....sT

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 6MT Tour with16K miles. Bike is immaculate, garage kept and steadfastly maintained. Have been riding Hondas for nearly 50 years.... had ATCs, Elsinore, XL, XR, CB, Valkyrie(s), etc.

I like my Wing a lot but it is no longer the bulletproof Honda of years past.

I am a little disappointed with the problems encountered. One issue is the dealers here in New England are clueless about the Wing and it appears there is a lack of training and institutional knowledge for this complex machine. My first issue was to have Honda replace two sensor switches for the infamous HSA light problem. The local dealers were clueless about this issue, and I educated them about the repair from the information learned on this forum!

Currently, I am experiencing a periodic starting issue when bike is warmed up which is triggering the check engine light......

So, the bike is a real gem to ride, but have experienced more problems in three (3) years that in the other 47 with the less complex older bikes.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am interested in the generation 6 Goldwing but an somewhat concerned about multiple issues posted here with such a high-tech bike.
I do understand many of the issues owners have with them are user error due to learning new tech.

To all you gen 6 owners, what is your experience with requiring warranty repairs?
2019 Goldwing Tour, 6-speed manual... 3000 miles... No issues so far... Lots of add ons though... ☺

·
Premium Member
2019 Tour DCT Red
165 Posts
For whatever reason I did not choose black I do not know but Dr. MDTodd that is a Beautiful Bike 👍👍!!!

Reactions: JHoss and drmdtodd
21 - 40 of 44 Posts