GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks from tomorrow we leave on our California trip. (7000 miles) I have done this so far!
1. change air filter
2. change oil (4 qts of Mobil 1 10-40 synthetic motorcycle oil w/filter.
3. change oil in rear differential.
4. change fluid in front and rear suspension.
5. change brake and clutch fluid.
6. change spark plugs.
7. New front Bridgestone tire and new Falken ziex ze 912 rear!
8. ck brake pads (just recently replaced).

Am I missing anything!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
GAS!! Ride safe and enjoy the trip....:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Relax! And go enjoy, I went on a 9 day 6200 mile solo trip this past April
I can't wait for next years "annual" spring ride. The last two years I've taken a week in the spring and just rode. Such a mind clearing soul cleansing experience. It will happen every year as long as I'm able.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ride Safe Brother!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Checklist

Don't over think a problem. Trouble is easy to find. If you have been riding a while and kept up your maintenance then with what you've listed your bike seems ready. get a good night's sleep and go for your ride. BTW HAVE FUN!

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
two or three pairs of clean underware...

Matt(BCNV) :tongue:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt, I have 2 pairs of LD Comforts so I should be good in that department (Bubba will be proud)! Also I forgot to list that I changed the radiator fluid not long ago and did ck the level.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You forgot to say NA NA NA WOO WOO to the rest of us.... You lucky stiff. Have a great time!!!!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Take a list of phone numbers, parts suppliers, towing etc..... If you have that you'll never break down! :thumbup: Also program your GPS for the best food and beverage stops.:doorag:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Bike sounds ready... just make sure YOU are ready.

Firefighter to firefighter.. we both know firemen always seem to have that extra gear inside us to push on just a little bit more when it matters. Just try not to shift into that gear during the trip. Travel as far as you are comfortable and don't push too hard.

If you have a headlight modulator, make sure you have the paperwork to show to an LEO. Buddy I was riding with in Cali was pulled over and he did not hove his paperwork on the modulator but I did. Saved a ticket. Be nice when training the LEO's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts