GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 2007 Goldwing with 60,000 miles. The bike is in excellent condition and still has 2 years of Honda warranty left on it. Lots of extras with Traxxion, Wingsoft Large seat, Utopia, Garmin Zumo, ABS, etc.

I was wondering if anyone on this board has purchased a high-mileage Goldwing and what your experience was?

If I run into potential buyers who have concerns over the mileage, I would like to have some stories to tell them or refer them to to ease their mind.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
just broke in...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good luck with the ribs.

I have a 2008 and I'm not sure if I'm going for a 2012 or wait until 2014 (or 2015) for the new model (if it does change). Heck, I wish I had the bucks to have several bikes!!!

·
Administrator
3,729 Posts
My 2006 Goldwing is just getting broken in at 113,000 miles but when the time comes to let it rest at somewhere around 250,000 miles in about 4 years I will be actively searching for a low mileage Wing with only 60,000 miles.

Glen

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
My '88 GL1500 has 150,000 miles and still runs strong!

I bought my '06 this year with 60,000 miles without even blinking. She still runs like she's brand new.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought an 03 with 175,000 miles. Just ran over 180,000 this weekend.

Other than the fact that it smells like it's running a little rich, and that I get only 38mpg, I'm very happy and it is serving its purpose well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
38 mpg sounds about right to me. I've got an 06 with 11,100 miles and I average 37 mpg.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
My 2006 Goldwing is just getting broken in at 113,000 miles but when the time comes to let it rest at somewhere around 250,000 miles in about 4 years I will be actively searching for a low mileage Wing with only 60,000 miles.

Glen
Glen,

I'm surprised to see you proclaim the political views in your signature.

You are a minority in a sea of members of the other party. Your party alliance could get you lynched in PA. I was born and lived in PA until 1959. I was in TJ class of 1960 and still have a few friends in PA that I have sort of kept in touch with. They are all committed labor union members and supporters of "that" political party.

I've visited there a few time in recent years including our class reunion in summer of 2000. They had another one recently that I didn't attend.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
60,000 miles i think your going to have lower the price
I based the price on the blue book posted in the back of Consumer Motorcycle News recently, discounted for mileage and adjusted for the addition of Traxxion full monty and $4k of other accessories. I realize you never get full value from add-ons, but the extended warranty and the Traxxion do retain their value.

Also, I am getting some people interested in the bike with the current configuration and have not been getting push back on the price. New wing with same setup will be $28,000.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
For what it's worth... sold my 06 with 120k on her. Due to bad dealer bike had brand new motor & tranny when I sold her. Still was a battle to find a buyer.

60k is not high mileage.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bought mine w/151K on it last year. By the end of this week, I should have 160K on it. Runs like a top. Even run it down the drag strip 3 weekends ago. Beat up on a Cross Country. But my brother-in-law's Vision with all the upgrades beat me by almost a full second. Fun times though. So yeah, dont worry about the motor. Its the electrical stuff that'll getcha (not at 60K, but around 120-140K). Good luck with your purchase...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Your 07 Wing

Chris: I just sold my 2008 pearl white Wing last Friday. It had 52,300 miles on it. I ultimately sold it to a guy for $15,000 who exports them to another country. I had another guy that wanted it and if the exporter didn't come through he was going to give me $14,600. The bike was in great condition with few options. It only had a Utopia back rest, luggage rack, highway pegs and power adaptors in the front pockets. It also had the Nav/Audio/Confort package. I had purchased a 2010 with 4000 miles on it a few weeks ago.

My guess is you're going to get about $13,500 - $14,000 for the bike, perhaps a bit more. I don't know what kind of extras you have but it's hard to recoup your dough on lots of those extras.

I also went to your cruise site and I find it interesting because, like you, we ride and cruise. We just came back from an Athens to Istanbul cruise on Seabourn Yachts and leaving for Rome/Naples/Turkey/Israel/ in September for 12 days.

As soon as I leave this site I'm going to look at your newsletter. Good luck with selling the bike. I've found Ebay and Craigslist are the best ways to get the bike attention.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
As a prospective buyer, I don't think 60k miles is TOO high of mileage. However, the problem with many of these higher mileage bikes is they are priced too high which is a unsellable combination. Yours has a number of excellent accessories for the right buyer which will make the mileage seem like much less of an issue, but it doesn't mean it's worth anything near the $28k price to outfit a new wing.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I bought an 02 orange with 202,000 miles on it. I runs perfectly. I am getting 42 to 45 miles per gallon on back roads,depending how I ride, and 38 around town. The gut I bought it from gave me a detailed excel spread sheet of everything he had ever done to it. I changed the oil at the 4000 mile mark and drained a gallon out. He said it never burned. I love it and plan to to put another 100,000 miles on it.
Jeff (MR Twisty) 02 oprange

1 - 20 of 49 Posts