GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
if the thing can generate that much electric power, I see new ways to power your home in the future. Imagine having your own Hydrogen power plant in your basement

I also think that political pressure ( from the oil industry ) will take a l-o-n-g time to get this car into production and into the market. 8)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Deuterium, also called heavy hydrogen, is a stable isotope of hydrogen with a natural abundance in the oceans of planet Earth of approximately one atom in 6500 of hydrogen. Deuterium thus accounts for approximately 0.015% (on a weight basis 0.030%) of all naturally occurring hydrogen (see VSMOW; the abundance changes slightly from one kind of natural water to another). The nucleus of deuterium, called a deuteron, contains one proton and one neutron, whereas the far more common hydrogen nucleus consists only of a proton and no neutrons. The isotope name is formed from the Greek deuteros of which one translation is "two", an obvious reference to the two subatomic particles comprising the nucleus.
Deuterium is useful in nuclear fusion reactions, especially in combination with tritium, because of the large reaction rate (or cross section) and high energy yield of the D-T reaction, and in the even higher-yield D-He3 fusion reaction, though the breakeven is higher than with most other fusion reactions, making it implausible as a practical power source until at least D-T and D-D fusion reactions have been performed. Unlike protium, deuterium undergoes fusion purely via the strong interaction, making its use for commercial power plausible.
MB has built deuterium-based prototypes as well.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
How much is salt water a gallon in the desert? :lol:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I posted that a couple weeks ago. Won't be long and LK will be on this thread too, telling everyone it ain't worth a chit, can't get hydrogen, it'll take another 20 years, etc, etc :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts