GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the Kury Dragon wings better then Baker or any of the other deflectors I have seen. Has anyone tried them and what is your opinion of their effectiveness?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bump... I am interested in these also. By looking at them it is difficult to see how they mount. Can anyone share some photos?

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
This Kuryakyn product was mentioned here some time ago..

The guys who had tried this style said that they felt "Lift" of the fairing from this style of wind wings on their bike..
It makes sense as you increase speed on a freeway..

I'd think they make the fairing look wider than it is when sitting on the saddle,like my old 1500 looked stock..

I have Baker hand/wind wings on my 18 and they work without adding the Girth look to the bike..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the insight. I have been looking at these myself and I never considered the possible "lift" factor. Makes sense. I hope some folks who have some miles with these on reply to this post. I am curious.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks Sailor. No Dragon Wings for me.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Having had my Baker wings broken I got replacement parts but never put them back on. I liked the look of the Dragon wings and got a set. They mount under the side trim and make it difficult to snap the trim back on. Using them before the cold temps set in I felt the warm air on my feet and that made me decide to only use them in the winter. I will put the Baker mirror wings back on in the summer.

Top left mounting point where you can see the trim can't snap back in good. It does stay put and I have no problem with it popping out.

Bottom left and again you can see the trim problem

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just installed

I have just installed but have not been up to any highway speeds with them on. only a 40 mph trip to the store. Will let you know when i get it on the highway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts