GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my old set of boots have finally reached the end of their life. Well, not yet, but its getting close. While researching my old boots I see that tourmaster now has a vented version that is said to be water resistant. These are the ones I'm talking about: http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=372&cat=7 and I'm curious if anyone has tried them and if so how did you like them. Were they comfortable on bike? Off bike? Is the venting worth it? Is it really water resistant or should I just stick with the waterproof version?

I've got the waterproof version from 5+ years ago and the only thing wrong with them is the soles are starting to show that they have worn down too much. Right now its minor, but usually once that starts with any other boots it doesn't take long for them to completely come apart. They aren't comfortable for walking in, but it appears the photos on many websites now show a different sole pattern that makes me think they will be better for walking or standing in.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I am using TourMaster boots right now, just bought them to replace my TCX boots. They are MUCH more comfortable than the TCX. However, not the same model boot you referenced above.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Guess I have weird feet. I will never buy boots online. I need to try them on first. This presents a challenge in finding new boots. I either find them at rally's or maybe a dealer but dealer's don't carry a wide selection of style and sizes.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
One of my brothers bought a pair of those Tourmaster air boots last year, I never tried them myself but from talking to him it seems like my BMW air boots flow a lot more air, I love the BMW air boots but when it rains I have to use boot covers, I happen to use Harley boot covers, in hot weather my feet are miserable without the air boots so I am very glad I finally bought them 3 or 4 years ago :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tourmaster WP Air Boots

I think my old set of boots have finally reached the end of their life. Well, not yet, but its getting close. While researching my old boots I see that tourmaster now has a vented version that is said to be water resistant. These are the ones I'm talking about: http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=372&cat=7 and I'm curious if anyone has tried them and if so how did you like them. Were they comfortable on bike? Off bike? Is the venting worth it? Is it really water resistant or should I just stick with the waterproof version?

I've got the waterproof version from 5+ years ago and the only thing wrong with them is the soles are starting to show that they have worn down too much. Right now its minor, but usually once that starts with any other boots it doesn't take long for them to completely come apart. They aren't comfortable for walking in, but it appears the photos on many websites now show a different sole pattern that makes me think they will be better for walking or standing in.
I'm on my second pair of WP Air boots and yes they are comfy. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing them and wander round all day looking like a duck out of water.
They are quite effective in the rain and fairly cool considering that they are full coverage foot gear.
l'll buy another pair when these wear out. Also nice that they are offered in half sizes through 12 1/2.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just got (online) the Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boots. While I've only had them a short time; I do the fit and finish to be above what I'd expect for such a value priced boot. I read a lot of reviews on boots before ordering and I'm quite pleased so far. I'd give them '2 thumbs up'

·
Registered
812 Posts
Those particular Tourmasters are probably the best pairs of boots I ever owned. Couldn't find my size when I needed replacements so I bought some BMW boots which I think are made by Alpinestars, at least my pair. Love them as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts