GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great way to start a new year off. Taken today. Weather guessers had said the rain would hold off til later this evening. HA!!! At least the temp was in the upper 50°'s

Jerry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It started out this morning with heavy fog that never lifted until after noon and than it was drizzly rest of the day. We did not get any riding in. Sure was glad we made it yesteday. I have a bunch of things needing done around here so some of them gotten taken care of. Glad you had a good ride.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Riding

How many miles on your bike? I just see zeros on the odometer. Is that an 04 or any earlier one with a different windshield?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BD

Jeeze Bulldog........When did you add that April thing to your signature? I got just myself for exemptions and almost no deductions. Single folks sure get the shaft when it comes to taxes. But.............I'm not in the market for any exemptions. :22yikes:

Jerry

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Jerry-

But those are just "Honda Miles", right? :twisted: It appears that way from the MPH and the tach. :lol:

So, you really need another 4800 miles to make it a "real" 80,000, right? :twisted:

Hey, bud, you gotta a lotta ridin' to catch up with this weekend! Don't let a little rain hold you back! LOL :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
See, if you had come to Dallas for lunch you'd have been in clear weather with the temp around 77

:eat2:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dallas

Don't rub it in Bill. Ya gotta realize my riding partner rides a Yamaha. LOL Naw.It was a mutual decision. But I did check the weather forecast for Dallas this morning and kicked myself.

And to the rider that made the comment about my short mileage...How do you know I don't have the yellow box installed. I don't but didn't know that and my bike is only 4 to 5% optimistic. That fits my personality just right.

:D

Jerry

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't checked the bike's odometer for accuracy yet, but my other Honda 2 seater (Del Sol) is spot on for distance milage while the speedo in it reads high by almost 9%.
It'll be interesting to see if the bike's the same way.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Re: Dallas

Jerry said:
... And to the rider that made the comment about my short mileage...How do you know I don't have the yellow box installed. I don't but didn't know that and my bike is only 4 to 5% optimistic. ....
I'll explain...

At 2600 RPM in fifth gear you are actually travelling about 58 MPH. Your speedometer is showing about 64 MPH and is obviously not being corrected. There are variations in the calculations based on the manufacturer and the amount of wear on the rear tire, but I would guess that your speedo is more than 6% optimistic and your odo about 4.5% optimistic... just guessing, of course. :D

I just recently installed a Yellow Box on mine and have to remind myself to not automatically correct the speedometer by going a little faster, like I used to. :D I just ask myself what number do I want the LEO to see on his radar unit as I go by. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts