GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to St. Paul HD and they refused to do it. They said they only mount tires they sell. Went next door to Bison motors who sell new Indians. They said they would do it if I dropped it off. I have Cenramatic balances to go on so I told them I would not need a balance.
The quoted me at $90.00 before taxes. I said that’s pretty expensive? He said they are a premium dealer and get $120.00 and hour labor.
FYI. I have not attempted it myself. I thought that was rather expensive? What do others on here get their CT’s mounted for?
thanks. D

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,517 Posts
I get mine done at a local automotive tire shop... $15.00

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
What do others on here get their CT’s mounted for?
Discount Tire - $10 one time, plus the fee for disposal, one time it was $20.

They're less than five miles from home. Having that spare rim makes it a "when I'm ready for it" job, not a "I need it now!" job.

Luck to ya!

·
Registered
475 Posts
There's an independent cycle shop 9 miles from me that does it for me for $20 but I give him $30 cause I think it's worth it. Next time I'm ready cause I finally found a spare rear wheel for the Wing.:cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't tried a run flat, so don't know how much harder that is but you can mount tire without an issue with simple irons.
$6 at Harbor Freight

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Walmart will mount it for $10. However, there have been reports of them scratching the rim from the machine they tend to use. I personally mount tires for others, don't charge anything. And there are others out there that will mount for you also - perhaps someone in your area will help out. Fellow Riders Willing to Mount a Tire for Other Riders

·
Registered
115 Posts
You might consider buying yourself the No-Mar tools too. Makes changin tires a breeze. Also, you might pick up a can of bead sealer. It's basically a rubbery kind of slop that racers put on their wheels to seal any possible imperfections in the bead surface so air doesn't leak. In this case, you apply it to the lower bead surface where the tire makes contact with the rim when seating. Don't worry about it getting on the outside of the rim, it comes off pretty easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts