GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys folks I need a bit of help. There is a tribute ride for a guy by the name of Jack Shoalmier on October 15, 2011. Jack was an avid off-road and street rider. He also did about 100 Iron Butt events. On Oct. 15, 2011 there is a tribute ride where a groupd of friends and motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the US will do a Saddle Sore 1000 in every State at the same time (1000 miles in 24 hours). While I live in California, I've agreed to fly to Maui to fill that void to attempt the SS1000 in this tiny land mass. So here is where I need help. There are no places in Maui that rent Goldwings (my ride of preference). Even MauiMoto the only Honda dealership on the island doesn't have any in stock. I'm looking for someone who might let me use or rent me their Wing for this one-day ride. The other thing I need is assistance in helping to plan a circular ride as I need to maintain a speed in excess of 50 mph for a LOOOONG time. If you know of anyone that can help make this happen, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll be renting an HD Electra or Ultra for the ride. While I know the island reasonably well, someone who has spent more time there than I could help me save time and make recommendations. This message board has helped me in the past with a variety of things and I have no doubt the motorcycle community will step up to the plate and offer suggestions and make this ride a success! Thanks for reading and I look forward to the positive responses. :thumbup:

California Kid (actually a long time rider... not a kid)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts