GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any riders interseted in joining a friendly group for a 5-6 hr ride thru NJ PA & NY.
We'll meet @ the DD rt 46 west in Parsippany NJ, between Beverwyck Rd & the Holiday Inn @ 9:00 Sunday 10/15.
Email me if you are joining us.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John
the owner did not rebuild, we have called this ride the "Hawks Nest" because we have riden it so many times & for so many yrs that the name just stuck :) :)
We eat a place called Cedar Rapids, good food & views.
When I mention the Hawks Nest to these riders they all say "I'm not missing this one" temps w/ be a little low in the a:m, we'll eat B-fast early & hopefully the temps w/ rise a little by the time we get rolling...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hawk's Nest also refers to the twisty section of road where you have a great view of the Delaware River and the hawks that frequent the area...

We head up there frequently and yeah it's a little cool but that doesn't stop us... the colors have to be great.... a nice alternative food wise is a place called Cedar Rapids...

Melissa

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hawks Nest

Would love to join you,but the ride from Virginia Beach is a bit far to ride.I have been on that road many times when I lived in NJ.Great road.When I was there the owner was not Biker Friendly.Not a large parking area and I think it had something to do with the kickstands sinking into the blacktop.You can really get into those turns and the view is beautiful Enjoy it.........Jim

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sassy
Cedar Rapids is the place we eat at :) :)
I hope he's open :roll: :?:
The owner closes sometime in Oct. don't know the date... oh well we'll find out tomorrow....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Dawg :lol: :lol:
we'll keep that in mind 8) 8) :wink:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
temps where a little low in the A:M 32* to be exact :roll: :roll:
was a cool ride to Barryville NY cloudy & cold.
made it to Cedar Rapids had a nice lunch w/ the fireplace roaring.
today is the last day Cedar Rapids is open for the season :(
They w/be back in the spring :) :)
see you guys in the spring :wink: :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts