GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always had a soft spot for one of these i finally got one a couple days ago a 2008 model with 8000km on it Suzuki Australia only brought out 150 in this colour pearl white silver and red and black graphics the dealer i got it from was 350km away so i rode it home :yes1: what impressed me is the suspension its awesome compared to the wing also the aerodynamics are very good for this kind of bike did i mention the power that's awesome to :yes1: here is a few pictures of me and the busa :thumbup:

1795511_10201420677542436_1772441266_n.jpg 1655907_10201420677462434_61351806_n.jpg 1653619_10201420676302405_1617490316_n.jpg 1900012_10201420678142451_1424868039_n.jpg

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
TO FAST FOR THESE OLD BONES - BE SAFE N ENJOY :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi great colour, you will love it.
i bought mine having never ridden a sports bike and I was amazed at the torque and handling abilty.
You can get through a few sets of tyres but if you take it easy you can increase the tyre life considerably
Be careful as its easy to get over the speed limit in the blink of an eye.
Also you get the car drivers trying to get you into a drag race
This is mine with my grandson getting into the biking scene

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi great colour, you will love it.
i bought mine having never ridden a sports the speed limit in the blink of an eye.
Also you get the car drivers trying to get you into a drag race
This is mine with my grandson getting into the biking scene

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Outstanding graphics that show up great on one of my favorite colors.

enjoy :thumbup:

gramps

Reactions: goldwing fan

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I like! Enjoy! They really are a great bike.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I race'd one once, with my Gold Wing.....................I lost!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Never owned one,but had occasion to ride several,after performing the timing chain tensioner recall on the earlier ones.
I was not only impressed with the power,but also the smoothness of that terrific engine,and was very comfortable for a sport bike.
That engine would have made a great start for Suzuki to re-introduce the Cavalcade Line.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Here's one that a buddy of mine from work rides. He says the extension keeps him from doing stupid things like wheelies, fronties, and says it keeps his speed down in the curves. Guess so since the rear tire is probably 16 inches wide.

I don't get it but that's ok.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
153 Posts
Had me one too, great bike. My daughter is now 18...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Very Nice!!! I know a couple of guys that do a lot of touring on the Hayabusa, lots of miles with no problems, imop a Great Motorcycle!!!
Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Beautiful bike. Congrats.

Hopefully you get to take it to a drag strip or somewhere where you can really "use" it a couple of times. I bought a Yamaha R1 last October and have been dying to get it to a track for some track time and to see what it can do before I end up being stupid on the street. Have a track day coming up March 1st so getting close. Can't wait to see what it can actually do.

Back to your Busa....they are awesome bikes. Just be careful that you don't let the awesomeness of the machine make you stupid when you ride it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will love it ! I only sold mine to make space in the garage. Too many toys. Replaced busa with the Goldwing. I toured with my Hayabusa for 8 years and found it very comfortable for up to about 500 miles before the pain set in. No such problem with the Wing. A couple pics of my 04 LE hayabusa.

Attachments

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Fastest 2 wheels I have ever been on. Really liked it, but will not own one. I do not have enough self-control to avoid preformance awards. The stack would be pretty high I fear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts