GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter, I did a full LED conversion on my 2013 F6B adding a tail light conversion using Signal Dynamics'
Turn Signal to Brake Conversion with Running Lights which I like a lot. (Effectively changes my single tail light to be 3X bigger/better/brighter once the right/left turn signals become part of the tail/running lights. Turn signals operate normally, too. (Here comes the but...) But, the hazard lights only operate in the front now when the ignition is OFF. (Ignition ON all four light flash). Having given this some thought, it makes sense to me because of the way the tail light converter is wired in...power to the converter is taken from the tail/running light power lead. (Yes...it would have been nice to know the ahead of time!!) So, what is lacking is a power wire from the front turn/hazard lights to run all-l-l-l the way back to the tail light converter to give it power when the ignition of OFF...I think.
Has anyone worked with this converter before and come up with a solution for the hazard lights?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wondered how to get them to work no matter what myself. One of our group went down this weekend and I was there within seconds, but as I got off the bike to help I pushed the hazards...nothing. It only works with ignition on or ACC. Seems stupid. This was a bad wreck and on a curve, I needed those to be on.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts