GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hazards only work if I continually hold the button in. Anyone know how to fix this?

Stan

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Have you tried pushing down and in from the top or bottom of the switch? The little catch thing might be off a little.:shrug:I'm sure someone will be along directly with the answer.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My hazards only work if I continually hold the button in. Anyone know how to fix this?

Stan
I had that happen to my '03 and the only solution wad to replace the whole switch assembly - for a mete $600 or something obscene like that

I truly hope someone else has better news for you!

·
Vendor
17,382 Posts
That happens to most and is usually fixable by removing the panel/switch assembly. Then pull the rear cover off to expose the switch. The switch has a white cover. Don't pull the cover off other then open up a corner of it and squirt it with a foaming contact electrical cleaner that you have to get from a Radio Shack ground store. They do not sell it on the internet. The lube in there is no longer lubing well. Often, if you get the switch to apply, then you cannot get it to turn off.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Often, if you get the switch to apply, then you cannot get it to turn off.
That was the 1st problem that I had with it, but shifting the button one way or the other would eventually free it. The problem now seems that the button will not lock in the on position........no matter if I wiggle it or not. I push and it comes right back out.

Stan

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
With sticky Hazard or Fog switches you have three options if cleaning them out with contact/lube doesn't work.

1) OEM Honda (we know the Hazard isn't sold seperately) most like have to buy the whole cluster panel. :eek:4:
2) Or a stock looking replacement from.
EC- http://www.electricalconnection.com/...ch-gl18fog.htm

BTW:
The fog/hazard is the same switch with different COVERS that can be swapped out too. :thumbup:

3) Or do what Waldo did and convert his switches to these from,
Radio Shack http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...panelani-1.gif

I'll be doing the radio switches conversion the next time one of mine decides to screw with me for a permanant fix that tells me if the switch is on or not.:thumbup:
(yeah I know the hazards flash on the dash-lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts