GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hazzard light wont work if the key is not on,is this normal?It seems to me they should work regaurdless.I pulled over for a accident last night and couldn't get them to come on?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't know; but I but you a dollar to a doughnut hole there will be a lot of guys goin' to check after reading your post. I'm going to in the morning unless I forget.

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
There is a good reason why they don't operate with the key off. Someone either accidentally or intentionally could come along and turn your flashers on in a parking lot, and you would come back to a dead battery.

You aren't going to leave the bike with them on anyway. The battery in a bike doesn't have the capacity to run them very long. They are mostly intended to keep you safe, not the bike.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering, since I'm on duty right now, I can't go out and check but, if you turn the key to the right of "on", the ignition goes off and the stereo stays on, correct? I'm assuming the flashers will work in this position too????? Just curious, haven't tried it.
Scott

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
flashers will work inthe aux or on position,but not with the key off.
Electrical Connections makes the harness that will allow the flashers to work with the key off.The kit also includes a hidden switch so that someone cannot accidentally(or intentionally) turn the flashers on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts